Best decision of our lives

Closed Thread
Old 07-26-2009, 05:22 AM
Default Best decision of our lives

My wife, Jan, and I have just purchased a home in Lynnhaven and are closing on August 3rd by mail. We are coming to TV on August 5th to begin enjoying TV immediately. Unfortunately we can only stay a week since we both have to get back to work. We have one more year until we retire and move to TV full-time. We both can hardly wait. It's going to be a long year.

I have a silly question. In the week that we are in TV we want to meet as many new friends as possible. What's the best way when you only have a week?

It's hard to believe that less than a month ago we were on the Lifestyle tour. Most often spur of the moment decisions are generally followed by a period of regret. I can honestly say that I have not had one moment of regret. I truly believe that this will be the best decision of our lives.

Jan and George
Old 07-26-2009, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

I would start with the Lynnhaven pool. They have a very active bunch of characters that would gladly clue you in on where to go and what to do.
Welcome aboard .
Old 07-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If I were going to be here I would arrange a "meet and greet" for you. Someone here will meet up with you at the square if you say when and which square and post on here.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:30 AM

I agree your local pool is a good place. When we moved here (we were all new) each neighbor had lunch at their house once a week for the block. It was just sandwiches/chips - nothing fancy, but everyone got to know each others names. I would say go to several houses around you and invite them to lunch or coffee at your house for a just a quick get together. I think you will be glad you did.
Old 07-26-2009, 10:34 AM

Thank you all for your advice. I can't wait until August 5th.

George
Old 07-26-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage

Beside a meet and greet with fellow TOTV members (that's how we started), also try some of the sports or other activities during that week. For example try the beginners pickleball lessons offered on Tuesday and Wednesdays. Play some golf, exec or regulation, and be paired with others. Play some water volleyball (casual play) on Sunday, Monday and Friday (various places).

Many ways to get involved and meet others. Just go to the squares at night and start talking. You'll be surprised at what can develop.

Russ
Old 07-26-2009, 05:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snitzel View Post

It's hard to believe that less than a month ago we were on the Lifestyle tour. Most often spur of the moment decisions are generally followed by a period of regret. I can honestly say that I have not had one moment of regret. I truly believe that this will be the best decision of our lives.
Jan and George
We also bought (internet pictures only) shortly after our Lifestyle Visit. We closed by mail and didn't see our new home until six months later. We've never regretted our decision.

Our two winters in TV have been magical.

Congratulations, I agree with you .. this will be the best decision you've ever made.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.