Best Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-17-2022, 12:41 PM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Best golf car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
We are considering moving to TV next year and I am doing some research on golf carts. When we go down to the square we see mostly Yamaha's.
What is the considered the best brand and I'm assuming gas would be the way to go?
Thanks
It's one one you see right after you've bought yours.
Old 10-17-2022, 01:42 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
I thought they were up to 80 miles but maybe not. From my house to Fenney Grill is 26 miles so there is not much else I would be able to do if I had an electric cart. With my gas cart I can easily get 100 miles in a day. Not everyday but good to know it isn’t a problem.
Actually could go as high as 150 miles in a day. If you drove 100 miles and averaged 15 miles an hour, would have been driving 6-7 hours. No thanks. I could get to the Florida Keys in that amount of time, with no noise and with air conditioning.
Old 10-17-2022, 05:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default 100 miles in a golf cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We have 2 gas Yamaha’s. One is a quiet tech and one is not. There is a huge noise difference. Yamaha is the only one with quiet tech that I know of. Electric is quiet and are getting better in distance but you do need to replace batteries every few years to keep the distances up there. We do take long drives and can put 100 miles on in a day so the gas works best for us.
From Publix in Southern Trace to Codys in Brownwood it is 8 miles, hard to believe you put 100 miles on a golf cart in the villages, just sayin'
Old 10-18-2022, 03:24 PM
Veteran member

Its clearly a matter of personal opinion almost like voting - which I won't get into. If you don't mind the noise, smell of fumes and chug chug of gas you can travel from one end of the Villages and back. I think - you better have a good back and rear end to do that along with a lot of time on your hands. We have had a electric cart since 2007 and never been towed so I can't really comment on the expense of being towed and we never did buy towing insurance either, seems like the gas cart owners can provide a lot more advice here. Full disclosure we recently purchased a 2nd electric cart so I might be partial to quite, smooth ride and we do hate going into the tunnels behind gas carts that claim not to leave any fumes ( Kind of like 2nd hand smoke doesn't really bother you I guess). We live by Brownwood and think twice about taking the cart to Sumter ( its a time issue for us not a range issue). I recommend you rent a gas cart and make the round trip from the North of the Villages to the South and back … Once, and then decide how often you want to do this or even 1/2 of this.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, gas, assuming, considered, yamahas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.