Best Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2022, 07:12 AM
Default Best Golf Cart

We are considering moving to TV next year and I am doing some research on golf carts. When we go down to the square we see mostly Yamaha's.
What is the considered the best brand and I'm assuming gas would be the way to go?
Thanks
Old 10-15-2022, 07:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
We are considering moving to TV next year and I am doing some research on golf carts. When we go down to the square we see mostly Yamaha's.
What is the considered the best brand and I'm assuming gas would be the way to go?
Thanks
It comes down to personal taste. Many people have electric and seem to be quite happy with them.

For myself, running out of gas would invole a simple call to a number on the inside of my windshield, guy comes out with some gas and voila'! I'm back in business kicking myself as I drive to the nearest gas station for being that neglectful. But can electricity be "delivered" that easily and cheaply, should you run your batteries down miles from home? I doubt it.
Old 10-15-2022, 07:50 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
Thanks
You will be getting a lot of varied opinions on your ?. I am tall and most important thing to me is the accessibility of getting in and out of the cart, particularly when golfing. Yamaha has the best set up for me(taller roof). If you are looking at used Yamaha carts get a Quietech(less noise cart).

A lot of people suggested gas because of the range. We live in the north end and have never driven(and never will) drive a golf cart that would run out of battery power. Electrics are quicker and go up hills better than a gas cart. The Quietech is very close in sound to the electric, but it does smell.

Seeing more and more Lithium powered carts. EZ GO has the best range but is pricey and does have the best brakes in the industry. You do not need to smash down on the brake pedal. In addion in their 2023 models they brake and accelerator pedals are more like a car than a cart.

Good luck.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:00 AM

My Ford is better than your Chevy. No one perfect answer. You will get mostly Yamaha referrals, because that’s the majority here, doesn’t make it best. When we went in to change our order the SA said “good choice”.

Last edited by ohioshooter; 10-15-2022 at 09:23 AM.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:00 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Yahama gas. Must be most popular for a reason.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
My Ford is better than your Chevy. No one perfect answer.
By the way, we just canceled our gas cart order and changed to a lithium electric. Drive both.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
It comes down to personal taste. Many people have electric and seem to be quite happy with them.

For myself, running out of gas would invole a simple call to a number on the inside of my windshield, guy comes out with some gas and voila'! I'm back in business kicking myself as I drive to the nearest gas station for being that neglectful. But can electricity be "delivered" that easily and cheaply, should you run your batteries down miles from home? I doubt it.
The same guy that can deliver you gas can put your electric cart on a truck and take it back to your home for charging. There are a couple of these low cost, "AAA type" services for golf carts in The Villages.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:26 AM
Gold member

I agree, drive both. I have owned both, and I'm now a fan of the Yamaha gas cart. The Drive 2 Yamaha is extremely quiet, powerful enough, and only needs gas occasionally. You will love the quiet of the electric, but in my opinion, it just doesn't compare to the Yamaha gas over the long run.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Yamaha IMHO, lots of parts suppliers (if needed), easy to work on (for DIYer). I would stay away from some of the custom (but very attractive) golf carts, parts can be very hard to get, I know, I have tried to help 2 neighbors with these. The Villages is now so large that you need to consider electric carefully so you know you can there and back, and probably be very consistent with charging. Also, on gas carts, do not go overboard with additional lighting and accessories, I have seen several stop dead in their tracts when the main fuse blew.
Old 10-15-2022, 08:55 AM

The great thing about a lithium battery cart is, you can plug it in after every drive and have a full charge for your next one. A 60 mile range is more than enough. I also have a Atomic Kart and I can go 40 miles on a charge with non lithium batteries, and that’s with A/C running full time.
Old 10-15-2022, 09:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
The same guy that can deliver you gas can put your electric cart on a truck and take it back to your home for charging. There are a couple of these low cost, "AAA type" services for golf carts in The Villages.
Quite likely. But isn't delivering a can of gas to a stranded cart driver a whole lot cheaper than going to the stranded electric cart, loading it up and driving it "X" number of miles to the person's home for charging?
Old 10-15-2022, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,083 Times in 2,746 Posts

Gas Yamaha Quiet Tech, hands down!
Old 10-15-2022, 12:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Quite likely. But isn't delivering a can of gas to a stranded cart driver a whole lot cheaper than going to the stranded electric cart, loading it up and driving it "X" number of miles to the person's home for charging?
Cheaper and more convenient...

-Tom Petty
Old 10-15-2022, 01:02 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
But the difference is the gas you can continue your day and the electric you are back home changing plans.
Old 10-15-2022, 01:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

We have 2 gas Yamaha’s. One is a quiet tech and one is not. There is a huge noise difference. Yamaha is the only one with quiet tech that I know of. Electric is quiet and are getting better in distance but you do need to replace batteries every few years to keep the distances up there. We do take long drives and can put 100 miles on in a day so the gas works best for us.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, gas, assuming, considered, yamahas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.