Best Golf Cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-16-2022, 06:48 AM

Have made a decision after three years on a cart to purchase. EZGO lithium 4.0. Have tested all types renting various models on the championship golf courses. Can go approximately 60 miles and I like the brakes. New models have better pedal design. Southern Oaks golf course has them if one wants to go for a test drive. All of the carts will get you where you want to go. Just try them all and chose which you enjoy.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:52 AM
Default Unless you forget

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohioshooter View Post
The great thing about a lithium battery cart is, you can plug it in after every drive and have a full charge for your next one. A 60 mile range is more than enough. I also have a Atomic Kart and I can go 40 miles on a charge with non lithium batteries, and that’s with A/C running full time.
Unless you forget to plug it in. I can run to the gas station and fill up in minutes. If I forget to plug it in, I'm taking the car.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,783 Times in 1,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
It comes down to personal taste. Many people have electric and seem to be quite happy with them.

For myself, running out of gas would invole a simple call to a number on the inside of my windshield, guy comes out with some gas and voila'! I'm back in business kicking myself as I drive to the nearest gas station for being that neglectful. But can electricity be "delivered" that easily and cheaply, should you run your batteries down miles from home? I doubt it.
Gas carts being more mechanical are more likely to break down without warning and need tow.

They need periodic maintenance, oil, belts, plugs, etc.

Lithium is virtually no maintenance.

Last edited by Altavia; 10-16-2022 at 08:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:55 AM
Default Yamaha, quote from a golf cart mechanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flower7330@gmail.com View Post
We are considering moving to TV next year and I am doing some research on golf carts. When we go down to the square we see mostly Yamaha's.
What is the considered the best brand and I'm assuming gas would be the way to go?
Thanks
Yamaha, easy to repair and parts are easy to get.
Old 10-16-2022, 06:59 AM

Just my 2 cents - I have 2 yamaha gas carts both have given me no problems only thing I dont like is they dont use an oil filter like my old club car - Electrics are ok just remember that you're going to have to replace the batteries eventually ($$$) My only other advice - get one with a cab like a Sleekline way better than dealing with curtains
Old 10-16-2022, 07:00 AM

The Yamaha Quiet tech is a good cart but not quiet. Just not as loud as previous versions. 98% of carts sold by Yamaha are electric. With continuing improvements in battery range, I wouldn’t expect Yamaha to even be producing gas carts in 5 years. Not enough return on investment to continue R&D and manufacturing for such a limited volume.
Many will argue, but today’s battery carts are light years ahead of 5 to 10 years ago. Make sure you test drive both for a long drive before you decide. Both are good with pros and cons but I personally think the electric now have the edge.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:04 AM

Yamaha gas for sure. There’s a reason why you see so many.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:07 AM

Yamaha for sure & buy outside The Villages if you want to save money. Yamaha in Webster get a good deal
Old 10-16-2022, 07:29 AM

Back to your home when your target was somewhere else. Takes same time to deliver a couple gallons of gas that it takes to just get to your pickup spot. I can go on my way while your ride in a truck with your cart in the back returning to your original location, your home. Disruption is quite different.Lithium battery replacement is at least a couple thousand dollars.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
You will be getting a lot of varied opinions on your ?. I am tall and most important thing to me is the accessibility of getting in and out of the cart, particularly when golfing. Yamaha has the best set up for me(taller roof). If you are looking at used Yamaha carts get a Quietech(less noise cart).

A lot of people suggested gas because of the range. We live in the north end and have never driven(and never will) drive a golf cart that would run out of battery power. Electrics are quicker and go up hills better than a gas cart. The Quietech is very close in sound to the electric, but it does smell.

Seeing more and more Lithium powered carts. EZ GO has the best range but is pricey and does have the best brakes in the industry. You do not need to smash down on the brake pedal. In addion in their 2023 models they brake and accelerator pedals are more like a car than a cart.

Good luck.

I am 6"5" - 230 so this info helps. Thanks.
Old 10-16-2022, 07:41 AM

How much do the replacement batteries cost?
Old 10-16-2022, 07:48 AM

Prior to buying our house in TV, I spent several years renting here.and experienced electric & gas that were included in those rentals. At 1st I thought the electric was the way go nice and quiet, but got stuck a couple times that ended our day. Gas at the time was smelly, both by exhaust, gas odors and not to mention noisy. Electric doesn't give you much choice when the battery runs out, standard or lithium. Tow is only way to go. The cart is down for hours to recharge. The newer gas carts are quiet, exhaust vented off to the side, not under the cart, and you get a greater range with a full tank of gas than a full charge of electric.Fuel injection has done away with the gasoline odors that were common with carburetors. I am happier with the gas cart. I have only had Yamaha carts and I have driven them for many years without incident.(breakdowns) Like anything in needs care. Good luck with your choice. Just saying.
Old 10-16-2022, 08:33 AM
Default Consider Comfort

The responses quickly turned to Lithium vs. gas. By all means, buy a lithium cart if you decide to go with battery power. Old fashioned lead-acid batteries are a real pain given the need to regularly check the acid levels in multiple batteries and the potential for acid spills on your garage floor.

However, you need to consider the cart's comfort. Yamaha is the only cart with an independent rear axle. This makes a real difference in the cart's ride. As between Yamaha and other brands of gas carts, the Yamaha is much quieter.

Last month I rented an EZ-GO from Villages Carts at Lake Sumter Landing. The cart was brand new. It was so noisy and hard riding, I considered returning it before I was out of the Barnes and Noble parking lot. When I returned it the next week, I joked with the salesman that if I was selling Yamaha carts, I'd have an EZ-GO on hand and have the customer drive it before I ever let him in a Yamaha. In response he just smiled.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimkerr View Post
Yamaha gas for sure. There’s a reason why you see so many.
yeah, because lithium hasn't been out long.
Old 10-16-2022, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowilts View Post
Have made a decision after three years on a cart to purchase. EZGO lithium 4.0. Have tested all types renting various models on the championship golf courses. Can go approximately 60 miles and I like the brakes. New models have better pedal design. Southern Oaks golf course has them if one wants to go for a test drive. All of the carts will get you where you want to go. Just try them all and chose which you enjoy.
Thanks for buying American

I believe Cane Garden has lithium rentals too
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, gas, assuming, considered, yamahas

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.