Beware of driveway coatings con man

Old 05-09-2024, 11:33 AM
Default Beware of driveway coatings con man

I recently had my driveway done with a man that is on probation for DUI's and driving while on probation. He is a fast talker and he will try to con you into doing the job or show up after you said you would think about it and the next thing he is pressure washing our driveway. Shame is he does do nice work if you stay on top of him. He is now taken over my house and I am having problems getting him out. I have said many times how does this happen and it is long story, but once they have access to your house you are in trouble. PLEASE do not use this man and again he is driving on a suspended license.
Old 05-09-2024, 11:53 AM

May need to be a bit more specific...
Old 05-09-2024, 11:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,518 Times in 2,576 Posts

Police.
Old 05-09-2024, 12:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,370 Times in 2,320 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beats View Post
I recently had my driveway done with a man that is on probation for DUI's and driving while on probation. He is a fast talker and he will try to con you into doing the job or show up after you said you would think about it and the next thing he is pressure washing our driveway. Shame is he does do nice work if you stay on top of him. He is now taken over my house and I am having problems getting him out. I have said many times how does this happen and it is long story, but once they have access to your house you are in trouble. PLEASE do not use this man and again he is driving on a suspended license.
OK, first you need to contact the police, then seniors against crime, and you need to provide more information to others reading this: type of vehicle, color, make, license plate, etc. Name he goes by, basic description of the individual, etc. Also, HOW does he have access to your house, if he is inside without your permission call 911.
Old 05-09-2024, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,495 Times in 2,286 Posts

Quote:
How do we identify this person?

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 05-09-2024, 03:22 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,896 Times in 3,708 Posts

A month late for April Fool's.
Old 05-10-2024, 05:00 AM

Click bait...
Old 05-10-2024, 07:10 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,087 Times in 545 Posts

What?
Old 05-10-2024, 09:00 AM

How do you remove someone from your home in Florida?
If they do not leave voluntarily, a writ of possession will be issued to the sheriff and they will come to the property and ask for the person or persons to leave and if they do not leave voluntarily, they will remove them from the property for you.
Florida Condominium Association Attorney | Bakalar & Associates › ejectm...
Old 05-10-2024, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
OK, first you need to contact the police, then seniors against crime, and you need to provide more information to others reading this: type of vehicle, color, make, license plate, etc. Name he goes by, basic description of the individual, etc. Also, HOW does he have access to your house, if he is inside without your permission call 911.
I have already contacted the police, the seniors against crime ad have a court date for threats. I do not want to put the info out about the other stuff to tip his hand, but I have of that info and so does the police. He seems to have more rights than I do currently. Thanks for the responce
Old 05-10-2024, 11:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,049 Times in 1,033 Posts

so wait,...this guy is living in your house? that's how it sounds-is he doing work in lieu of rent?
Old 05-10-2024, 11:07 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,785 Times in 522 Posts

Quote:
What's the prize for being the first to guess his name?
Old 05-10-2024, 01:58 PM

Sounds like the boogie man!
Old 05-10-2024, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,370 Times in 2,320 Posts

Try calling your local state representative, I think Florida just passed some legislation regarding squatters, now I do not know when this goes into effect. As I recall you would now need to contact the police and fill out a form and they can then go and evict the squatter.
Old 05-10-2024, 02:34 PM

No. You exercise your 2nd amendment right!!

Tags
driveway, man, driving, probation, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.