Beware of driveway coatings con man

Old 05-10-2024, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,937 Times in 5,338 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Try calling your local state representative, I think Florida just passed some legislation regarding squatters, now I do not know when this goes into effect. As I recall you would now need to contact the police and fill out a form and they can then go and evict the squatter.
The new Florida squatter law goes into effect on July 1, 2024.
Old 05-10-2024, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanajim View Post
No. You exercise your 2nd amendment right!!
OMG! I sincerely hope you are joking, because the legal, tabloid, and other hail storms that would make one's current situation seem like a dream would certainly be unleashed.
Yes, we have rights. But (BIG BUT), along with those rights come responsibilities and consequences.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:31 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,569 Times in 602 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beats View Post
I recently had my driveway done with a man that is on probation for DUI's and driving while on probation. He is a fast talker and he will try to con you into doing the job or show up after you said you would think about it and the next thing he is pressure washing our driveway. Shame is he does do nice work if you stay on top of him. He is now taken over my house and I am having problems getting him out. I have said many times how does this happen and it is long story, but once they have access to your house you are in trouble. PLEASE do not use this man and again he is driving on a suspended license.
This whole story sounds very weird and might have missing info. If you invited someone to stay in your house, you can’t just put him out when you feel like it. You have to evict them just like you would a tenant and that could take months. Why would you allow a stranger in your home? Allow him to do work but need to keep up on him for him to complete it? There’s way more to this story
Old 05-11-2024, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,779 Times in 1,552 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
This whole story sounds very weird and might have missing info. If you invited someone to stay in your house, you can’t just put him out when you feel like it. You have to evict them just like you would a tenant and that could take months. Why would you allow a stranger in your home? Allow him to do work but need to keep up on him for him to complete it? There’s way more to this story
Where is Paul Harvey when we need him?
Old 05-11-2024, 10:37 AM
Default Something not right here

Why in the world would you invite someone with his history into your home?
Old 05-11-2024, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
Where is Paul Harvey when we need him?
He is with Common Sense...... they both died some time ago. RIP
Old 05-11-2024, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beats View Post
I recently had my driveway done with a man that is on probation for DUI's and driving while on probation. He is a fast talker and he will try to con you into doing the job or show up after you said you would think about it and the next thing he is pressure washing our driveway. Shame is he does do nice work if you stay on top of him. He is now taken over my house and I am having problems getting him out. I have said many times how does this happen and it is long story, but once they have access to your house you are in trouble. PLEASE do not use this man and again he is driving on a suspended license.
I failed to see the point in posting this information if you fail to identify the person or at least a plate number.
Old 05-11-2024, 01:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,295 Times in 5,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
What's the prize for being the first to guess his name?
Fred

Tags
driveway, man, driving, probation, house

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.