Bike racks near the squares?

Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2021, 09:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,922 Times in 1,111 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I hate to be the one to tell you but, people who ride their bikes on the Golf Cart Paths create a dangerous situation when you want to pass a bicyclist and you have a golf cart coming in the other direction. In addition, people who ride their bicycles on the golf cart paths are too slow. I recently noticed 2 people on a tandem bike riding on Buena Vista where there is not shoulder for bikes or paths gold carts. Cars were slowing down and changing lanes to avoid them this was a very serious situation. Ride the bikes on the street in the neighbor hoods not on main roadways and again please stay off the golf cart paths.
bikes have just as much right on the roads as cars
Old 11-13-2021, 09:39 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
As a runner, you really, really, really need to be on your toes (no punn) and run into traffic. Nothing nasty about Villagers, you just need to be extremely careful here. As a runner, you have no protection and there are many blind spots on paths. I have had to kiss a bush a couple of times.
I’ve run on city streets pretty much all over world and quite a lot in Boston a very crowded city , the villages is the safest place I’ve ever run
Old 11-13-2021, 09:46 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,778 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
I’ve run on city streets pretty much all over world and quite a lot in Boston a very crowded city , the villages is the safest place I’ve ever run
It's all relative...........like what is a good steak.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
As a runner, you really, really, really need to be on your toes (no punn) and run into traffic. Nothing nasty about Villagers, you just need to be extremely careful here. As a runner, you have no protection and there are many blind spots on paths. I have had to kiss a bush a couple of times.
I certainly hope you mean the foliage on the side of the path
Old 11-13-2021, 09:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I certainly hope you mean the foliage on the side of the path
Oh, that too.
Old 11-13-2021, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX rider View Post
Thanks for the advice. But I've been running for over 40 years. We live in a small town in SW Indiana where the roads have very little shoulder. So I'm ready to jump at moment. lol.

We ride mountain bike trails here. So we plan on hitting some Florida trails when we're there. But we'll see. Outdoor exercise and activities are a priority for us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowbirdOhio View Post
There are at least 2 biking/walking-only paths in some of the new sections - near Chitty Chatty/Bradford and on the other side of Warm Springs near Marsh Bend/DeLuna - no golf carts allowed. And now accessible from north of 44 from the Chitty Chatty Bridge and the Water Lily Bridge. And some good bike trails outside the Villages, but you will need to transport your bikes there. Weekends are busy on the outside paths so we usually only do those during the week, but Sunday morning is a great time to bike inside the Villages - very little traffic then. Golf courses are much more numerous above Rt 44 but biking better south of Rt 44
Thanks for the advice. We plan on trying out offroad bike trails down there. There's a lot of them in Florida. We don't mind driving to get to them.

As far as running and riding in TV, I guess we'll find out how that works during our visit in Dec. lol
Old 11-13-2021, 09:57 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=dewilson58;2029056]It's all relative...........like what is a good steak. [/QUOTEI have absolutely no idea what your talking about ?
Old 11-13-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks for the advice. We plan on trying out offroad bike trails down there. There's a lot of them in Florida. We don't mind driving to get to them.

As far as running and riding in TV, I guess we'll find out how that works during our visit in Dec. lol
You'll do just fine, just pay attention. As with all things, you will hear about the few disasters/injuries/accidents, but not the 99.9% of those that safely navigated the MMPs and roads year after year. Ever see a headline that reads: "No one was murdered in Seattle this weekend"?????
Old 11-13-2021, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryP View Post
It’s not a golf cart path, it’s a multi modal path designed for Walkers, runners, bicycles and golf carts.
Yes as long as the don’t walk two, three, four abreast when traffic coming, if not walking single file when traffic coming thats’ not sharing the path it’s hogging it and I might add puts walkers and golf cart carts, bicycle riders in dangerously situations.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
I hate to be the one to tell you but, people who ride their bikes on the Golf Cart Paths create a dangerous situation when you want to pass a bicyclist and you have a golf cart coming in the other direction. In addition, people who ride their bicycles on the golf cart paths are too slow. I recently noticed 2 people on a tandem bike riding on Buena Vista where there is not shoulder for bikes or paths gold carts. Cars were slowing down and changing lanes to avoid them this was a very serious situation. Ride the bikes on the street in the neighbor hoods not on main roadways and again please stay off the golf cart paths.

First off it is not a golf cart path, if you have lived in TVG for more than a day you should know that!!!! It is a Multi Modal Path, golf cart paths on golf courses!! Look up Multi and Modal and you will be able to determine what should be on the path. How is a slow bike any different than a slow car on a road? Yes they can and should ride their bikes on the MMP and by law can ride bikes on roadways.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
My wife and I are coming down for a lifestyle visit on Dec 30th. We're bringing our mountain bikes, We love to ride to where we're going and it's great exercise.
Do they have a place where you can lock them up near the squares?

Thanks in advance.
If not, there alway light poles around to lock them to.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
It's only dangerous when a cart driver is unwilling to recognize his responsibility to operate his vehicle is a safe manner while sharing the MULTI-MODAL PATH with others.
I agree, I had to stop several times from people walking down middle of path or blocking 3/4 of path.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
First off it is not a golf cart path, if you have lived in TVG for more than a day you should know that!!!!

Take a deep breath.
Some people use the term as slang.
Breath.
Breath.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I agree, I had to stop several times from people walking down middle of path or blocking 3/4 of path.
that's what bull bars are for.
Old 11-13-2021, 10:16 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=charlieo1126@gmail.com;2029073]
Quote:
It's all relative...........like what is a good steak. [/QUOTEI have absolutely no idea what your talking about ?
In English, please. I'll take German, Spanish, French, Japanese and Mandarin if needed, but not gibberish
Closed Thread

Tags
squares, bike, great, exercise, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.