Boston to Deluna

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2022, 06:57 AM

WELCOME!

You are going to love The Villages! Congrats and enjoy. Nice to have another nice person living in our little community.

Stay happy and healthy

X

Quote:
Originally Posted by VillagesDeLunatics View Post
Just bought a home in DeLuna, never been to the villages but can’t wait to get there Sept.17th. Can’t wait to meet you all.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:01 AM
Default DeLuna bound

Quote:
Just bought a home in DeLuna, never been to the villages but can’t wait to get there Sept.17th. Can’t wait to meet you all.
Enjoy your move this is a great place to live. Don’t worry about the noise, you might hear some but it isn’t as bad as some have said. Welcome
Old 08-13-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFwUs View Post
welcome neighbor!
I hope that you like freeway /road noise 24/7 (on 2 sides), water pump noise 24/7, on going construction for the next 6 months and near total lack of any trees, wildlife, etc...because that's what they don't tell you about Deluna when they sell it over the phone, to those that dont know better.
First thing to know about TV. Probably best to avoid this site. Lots of mean-spirited posts.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:30 AM

We just moved here in December and love it. We’d never been here before we stopped by for a quick look in October. Everyone has been welcoming. Our local curmudgeon even stopped by to say, “Hi.” Welcome to you, too.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:31 AM
Default That wasn't very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAFwUs View Post
welcome neighbor!
I hope that you like freeway /road noise 24/7 (on 2 sides), water pump noise 24/7, on going construction for the next 6 months and near total lack of any trees, wildlife, etc...because that's what they don't tell you about Deluna when they sell it over the phone, to those that dont know better.
Not quite sure why you would do that to someone you've never met.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:48 AM

I do think it's funny how mostly the complainers are people that live north. Deluna is beautiful. I've drive all over the different villages north and south. I live south. Noise doesn't bother me. I like the newer homes and people are great. I have several friends in Deluna and they love it. Don't let negative people take a minute of your time.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:49 AM
Default Congratulations

Quote:
We are also here from MA. It’s amazing how big TV actually are and that you will be able to do activities and pools anywhere, you are not confined to your one village as in your old town.
There is a Baystaters Club if you want to meet others that have moved here from MA.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:53 AM

I rode my bike around Deluna the other day, I was surprised how big the village is. I did hear some highway noise in some areas but many areas were very quiet. I found a great bike path with trees, ponds and wildlife.
Old 08-13-2022, 07:54 AM

Quote:
I lived on Route16 and Route 28. MBTA busses and trucks plus cars. Traffic is definitely not gonna be a problem for me. Thanks for responding. Have a wonderful day
I come from Medford. And don't forget 93
Old 08-13-2022, 07:57 AM

Welcome! You are going to love The Villages. We bought our house in Hawkins (also in the new area) and had never been to The Villages before. Our only regret we didn’t do it years earlier. We moved from Oregon. We love the west coast but the weather wasn’t allowing us to be active all year. Now, we have more activities than time for them. The great thing about living below 44, is it’s a much younger crowd. There is plenty of wildlife. People share their house camera photos online and there are bears, bobcats, and even a Florida panther in the area. It’s also not as congested as the older areas. Wide open spaces with much larger green belts down here. They are starting construction on the new square (called Eastport) and it will be a New England fishing village from what I’m hearing. It will have a man made lake a mile long that the square sits on, to be used for the dragon boat racing. Give this new area 5 years and it will be absolutely gorgeous. Enjoy!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,914 Times in 918 Posts

Quote:
People share their house camera photos online and there are bears, bobcats, and even a Florida panther in the area.
We be still in Woostah, but a FL panther is way cool! I grew up in smallville MA and there were deer, coyotes, bears, bobcats, turkeys and fisher cats in the neighborhood, so a FL panther is a new welcome pet to have in the neighborhood.

metaphorical troglodyte guy
Old 08-13-2022, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Welcome. Just remember to stay off Storrow Dr. with that UHaul truck on your way here. Safe trip!
Old 08-13-2022, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,050 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallyg View Post
First thing to know about TV. Probably best to avoid this site. Lots of mean-spirited posts.
Also lots of great info to be had
Old 08-13-2022, 08:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Where in Boston? I'm originally from Revere but spent a lot of time living and working in the Brockton area.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-13-2022, 08:54 AM
Smile I lived in Marblehead in the 70's

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtdjed View Post
Welcome to The Villages. Lived in Marblehead for 29 years. Been in The Villages for 16 years.

Love it. Currently in Marblehead for our annual visit. Always makes me better appreciate The Villages.
I grew up in Marblehead. It is nice to hear that place mentioned here. Enjoy.
Closed Thread

Tags
wait, deluna, can’t, boston, meet

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.