Breakfast ideas for visiter

Closed Thread
Old 12-03-2008, 12:43 PM
Default Katie Belles

Don't you need a resident I.D. to get into katie Belle's? The OP said they were staying at Holiday Inn so I assume they wont have one.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Indy Guy, since you are an out-to-breakfast aficionado, have you run into The Village Idiots, who reportedly eat in their pajamas??
GG, in November Fireboy and I joined The Village Idiots for breakfast at a country club. Yup, everyone wears bathrobes or pyjamas. Very nice people.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
Ah a catagory that I know alot about so my wife says!

6. Perkins 2 locations 466 in front of new Walmart and 441/27 South of golf cart bridge.
The above are in my order of preference.
The new IHOP is open at Southern Trace (haven't been there yet)
Perkins on 466 (No 6 choice above) IMHO is to be avoided!!!!!!!!!!!

We had breakfast there yesterday. It took an hour to arrive after we finally were able to order. This was at 1:30 PM. The waitress said the kitchen was "backed up". When it finally arrived, the food was slimy, tasteless and undercooked. The "toast" wasn't even toasted. The service was dreadful. We asked for napkins twice and never got them. We asked for more water three times and never got it.

I don't like complaining to management and never do it. If I don't like a place, I just never go there again. And I'll never go back to Perkins. I'm sure they were probably just having a bad day. But there are so many great places to eat in TV!
Old 12-03-2008, 01:45 PM
Sage

Don't know if the quiche at Veranda is homemade but YUM! Nice and relaxing outside as well.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by livsea2 View Post
Don't you need a resident I.D. to get into katie Belle's? The OP said they were staying at Holiday Inn so I assume they wont have one.
In the past Katie Belle's didn't check for Villages ID during breakfast. I asked and was told that breakfast is open to the public. The rest of the time they check.

Last edited by Indy-Guy; 12-03-2008 at 01:58 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 08:29 PM
Sage

So many choices. Actually I eliminate buffets cause I like to order off the menu. I really don't like to go to chains while up there that I go often to down here in S fla. such as Perkins, Dennys, Crackerbarrel, etc.
I thank everyone for their suggestions, and am looking forward to our visit and a good breakfast, my favorite meal.
What we plan to do is arrive Sat the 13th, check in to the motel, have a good dinner then go dancing at Spanish Springs, then go over to Lake Sumter for some more dancing and ice cream at Haagen Daz.
The next morning go to breakfast, and drive home to get back in time to watch some football.
Once I move there, I'll wonder how I ever had time to go to work.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Send a message via Yahoo to renielarson

Billy's Cafe and Katie Belle's tie in my opinion. Depends on if you like a buffet (Katie Belle's) or not (Billy's). Both offer bountiful quantities of quality food at reasonable prices.
  • I was not impressed with Son Rise or Little Bits. Just average food.
  • Perkins/Crackerbarrel/Panera/IHop are chains so that says it all.
  • Golden Corral is mass production if that is what you like.
It all depends on what you are looking for and what you want regarding quantity and quality.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:22 AM
Platinum member

Indy-Guy,

The only one you may have overlooked is Orange Blossom CC. They have a great buffet breakfast on Sunday and even better, they take reservations.

George
Old 12-04-2008, 01:58 PM
Sage

Regarding Billy's Cafe - they have a good breakfast and are comparable to many truck stops and small town cafes. Which is fine with me, just didn't want Newbies to think it was something it wasn't.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)

Last edited by chuckinca; 12-04-2008 at 02:18 PM.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:50 PM
Default breakfast

village eatery has the best breakfast in the villages. they are located on bichara blvd next to winn dixie. very short distance from your motel
drd
Old 12-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Indy-Guy,

The only one you may have overlooked is Orange Blossom CC. They have a great buffet breakfast on Sunday and even better, they take reservations.

George
I didn't know about that one I will be there soon. Thanks for the info. That is what makes this site great is most of us are here for the information.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:38 PM

RJ Gator's serves a pretty good breakfast in LSL. Not many know about it yet so there is no waiting. 4 of us ate there the other day with no complaints. Even serve a good Bloody Mary.

Hacienda Hills CC also now serves breakfast but haven't been there yet.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:12 AM
Veteran member

Katie Belle's for breakfast was the best that I have had in the week that I have been here. I stopped there today on the recommendations of the good folks here on TOTV and they did not let me down. The omelet was great and made just the way I like then. Then a side trip to the buffet tables to see what they had to offer and I decided on a slice of French toast with just a touch of strawberry topping. Next was a trip to the fresh fruit to complete the meal. I think I could have sat there all day and just drank the coffee. When I looked at the bill it was $7.70 (less tip) for a very enjoyable breakfast. I was full and will not need lunch and the quality was far superior to that of Perkins and Bob Evans. And it cost less. Thanks TOTV.
Old 12-29-2008, 07:19 PM

I have a motorcycle and ride with The Village Nomads. We ride to breakfast every Wed and Sat mornings at 8:30. Leave from Mulberry rec ctr parking lot. Some ride their cars. Join us.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:01 PM
Sage

That reminds me of when I was living in Logan Square outside the Chicago Loop going to U of I. A bunch of local leather jackets hung around a bar near where I lived and called themselves a motorcycle gang - not a bike larger than a Schwinn in the whole group! LOL

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.