Building in Buttonwood

Closed Thread
Old 07-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Send a message via ICQ to dpingram
Smile Building in Buttonwood

I've been a "lurker" reading post, making a comment here and there, and even PM a few individuals. (mainly because I've just figured out how to do this posting stuff---I think) Anyway, my husband and I purchased a lot in Buttonwood in April and hope to build after the first of the year. Of course selling the house in Virginia is a must. Just keeping my fingers and toes crossed. We even brought sand from our lot in TV and poured it around the base of our "For Sale" sign. We've heard that is the magic needed. Would like to get acquainted with now and future Buttonwooders. Our home will be on Harding Path at the bend in the road after you pass Quiet Oak. I am taking notes each time I read post esp. concerning contractors etc... because after we close on the house we will be enclosing the lanai as an additional room and putting in a pool. Thanks to all TV's for your recommendations.
Donnie
Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Sage

We have a lot on Abbey Way and are building at the end of this year. We also will be extending our lanai to add a pool (on the side of the house). We are going to go with T&D. In fact we already met with them to get a quick estimate and layout.

We won't be moving in until 2012 with the pool to follow.
Old 07-06-2010, 12:12 PM

Hi Donnie,

We also bought a lot in Buttonwood on Beecher. What street did you buy on? I'd love to find someone to talk with who also will live on Buttonwood. We will start to build next month. We will close in October. Love to hear from you.

Pat
Old 07-06-2010, 01:28 PM

Hi folks webought in Buttonwood also----Chalmer Terrace ---hope
to start building in the next fewmonths

cant wait
Old 07-06-2010, 01:50 PM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Buttonwood or bust

We are closing on our home in Buttonwood on July 23rd. It is on Valley Oak Street. We are not too far from Abbey so I will be the lille lost girl hanging around Russ's pool...drooling. LOL
Old 07-06-2010, 01:57 PM
Sage

WE have now lived in Buttonwood for 2 months on Eldon Pl, and I appreciate it every day. I enjoy living in a new neighborhood watching it grow. Eldon is right off Harding Path and I can probably look out my window next to my computer right now and see your lot. I hope that Villages sand works for you.
Old 07-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Question Adding a pool later

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
We have a lot on Abbey Way and are building at the end of this year. We also will be extending our lanai to add a pool (on the side of the house). We are going to go with T&D. In fact we already met with them to get a quick estimate and layout.

We won't be moving in until 2012 with the pool to follow.
We are going to TV next week to pick out a site and build after the new year. It will be in Buttonwood. However, we are looking at putting in the pool when building the home rather than waiting until later. I was told it was less expensive to put it in a the same time. It sounds like you all are going to do it later. It sounds like you were told something different?

Thanks for any input. Nancy
Old 07-06-2010, 02:10 PM
Sage

Sometimes putting in a pool in an existing home is more expensive due to access to the back yard, and then what has to be replaced that was damaged such as plants, lawn and sprinkler system.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Sage

I was told it can be slightly less to put it while new but I have no choice since I won't be living in the home for some time. I doubt if the savings are very much. It's expensive no matter!!!

T&D told us to make sure they don't put any plants or utilities in the proposed pool area. The only thing to move will be the irrigation.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpingram View Post
I've been a "lurker" reading post, making a comment here and there, and even PM a few individuals. (mainly because I've just figured out how to do this posting stuff---I think) Anyway, my husband and I purchased a lot in Buttonwood in April and hope to build after the first of the year. Of course selling the house in Virginia is a must. Just keeping my fingers and toes crossed. We even brought sand from our lot in TV and poured it around the base of our "For Sale" sign. We've heard that is the magic needed. Would like to get acquainted with now and future Buttonwooders. Our home will be on Harding Path at the bend in the road after you pass Quiet Oak. I am taking notes each time I read post esp. concerning contractors etc... because after we close on the house we will be enclosing the lanai as an additional room and putting in a pool. Thanks to all TV's for your recommendations.
Donnie
Donnie,
Congratulations on your Buttonwood lot. Welcome to TV and TOTV!

Old 07-06-2010, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I was told it can be slightly less to put it while new but I have no choice since I won't be living in the home for some time. I doubt if the savings are very much. It's expensive no matter!!!

T&D told us to make sure they don't put any plants or utilities in the proposed pool area. The only thing to move will be the irrigation.
Thanks for the quick reply. Nancy
Old 07-06-2010, 07:57 PM
Gold member

I sometimes wonder why a lot of people feel the need to put in a pool. I live in the Village of Poinciana and within a mile and a half from my house I figure there are at least 7 pools. There are a lot of improvements you will probably want to make with your new home without also spending money on a pool. However if you feel the need for your own pool go to it!!!

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 07-06-2010, 08:10 PM
Location: Johnstown, Pa. - Ebensburg, Pa. - Village of Sanibel
Default future lot owners

My husband and I were down to visit TV this past May...loved it!
We have friends that live there and we had to come down to see for ourselves.

My problem is I can not retire until May 2011 and has been told if you buy a homesite you only have six months to build. I do not want anyone living in my house before me. Basically, I want to be the first to pee in my pot!!!!

Now our Sales Agent told us some of the lots in Buttonwood are now up to one year to build. How is this possible?

I need reasurance to go to the next step!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 09:55 PM

Shimpy, My wife and I are closing on Friday July 9 on house on Eldon Place..We are at the other end of the street by Chancy Way. We look forward to meeting all our neighbors on Eldon Place....
Old 07-07-2010, 07:21 AM
Send a message via ICQ to dpingram

I guess the main reason people put in their own pools.....
1. Flexibility of time
2. Convenience
3. Suit or no suit!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.