Building in Buttonwood

Closed Thread
Old 07-07-2010, 07:52 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpingram View Post
I guess the main reason people put in their own pools.....
1. Flexibility of time
2. Convenience
3. Suit or no suit!
I rented a pool home in Bonita this year and loved it!!!

I just got out of bed each morning and did my exercises to wake up in the pool. The ability to relax in the pool with MY music on was a plus. My wife always wanted an in-ground pool in her yard. So she gets what she wants
Old 07-07-2010, 07:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoomie1955 View Post
My husband and I were down to visit TV this past May...loved it!
We have friends that live there and we had to come down to see for ourselves.

My problem is I can not retire until May 2011 and has been told if you buy a homesite you only have six months to build. I do not want anyone living in my house before me. Basically, I want to be the first to pee in my pot!!!!

Now our Sales Agent told us some of the lots in Buttonwood are now up to one year to build. How is this possible?

I need reasurance to go to the next step!!!!!

Any help would be appreciated!!!

We bought our lot in May and were told 6 months in that subsection with the lot we chose. I did get the feeling that IF I pushed it I could negotiate something different. My agent did say that any sort of golf lot was 3 months and other premium (larger, corner, street etc.) were 6 months. Interior lots in Buttonwood were 12 months.

Hope that helps.
Old 07-08-2010, 04:08 PM

[QUOTE=Zoomie1955;273580]My husband and I were down to visit TV this past May...loved it!
We have friends that live there and we had to come down to see for ourselves.

My problem is I can not retire until May 2011 and has been told if you buy a homesite you only have six months to build. I do not want anyone living in my house before me. Basically, I want to be the first to pee in my pot!!!!

Now our Sales Agent told us some of the lots in Buttonwood are now up to one year to build. How is this possible?

I need reasurance to go to the next step!!!!!

It seems they will give different time frames --according to how sales are going----We were there in December and were told THREE months to build on a lot we liked ---returned in JUNE they gave us 6 months in the same area .

I have read several folks getting a year --They will not waiver on price but you can work with them on the timefame.

Good Luck
Old 07-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Default Buttonwood Neighbors

We purchased a lot on Claverton just at the beginning of the cul-de-sac. We will be down the end of July to pick out house details with the build starting in Sept. We are leaning toward a Lilly and plan to add a large bird cage on the back and perhaps wrap around the side. We got a 6-month delay from purchase of the lot. We currently have a pool in MI and it is nice but is more work then we want in our retirement. We might just buy a kiddie pool for the lanai We look forward to meeting all of our new neighbors and starting our new lives in TV
Old 07-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Default Pool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ_Boston View Post
I rented a pool home in Bonita this year and loved it!!!

I just got out of bed each morning and did my exercises to wake up in the pool. The ability to relax in the pool with MY music on was a plus. My wife always wanted an in-ground pool in her yard. So she gets what she wants
That does sound great, Russ. Having a pool is our way of having our own little waterfront. My husband grew up on the water and we have lived near the beach for many years so this is our way of being near water but being in our dream place TV!!!

Nancy
Old 08-05-2010, 08:53 AM

Hi Donnie,

We purchased our lot last month in Buttonwood on Graves Place. I'm so there! We will put our home on the market in Jan. 2011. I'm going to ask my Dad to send me some sand to sprinkle on my Sale sign too!

We extended our Lanai 4 feet. We decided against a pool because our home sits between two fabulous pools within walking distance. What's great about the TV you can do whatever makes you happy.

We are so thrilled about this new chapter of our lives. Also knowing that many people are choosing to move to TV from all over the country, gives me the courage to make this huge move from California. I have some fear about leaving my kid, grandkid and friends. But TV is calling me.

Congratulations!

Jeanette
Old 08-05-2010, 11:15 AM

Welcome to Buttonwood,we closed in June on a home there.We have been meeting new neighbors from various states while there. We still have house in PA also. You will love the area and the people.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 PM
Gold member
Default Buttonwood "Oldies"

Hi newbies. We are "oldies" having lived in Buttonwood since May!! We live on Buttonwood Run, which was literally a dirt pile back in May, and is now almost built out. There is one vacant lot opposite our home (the end of Buttonwood Run), and one behind us which is actually Chancy. Neither have "sold" signs and we are curious as to what home style will eventually be built. Our road boasts many "At Ease" homes. Welcome to "Shangrila", this is an awesome place to live.
Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrandell View Post
Hi newbies. We are "oldies" having lived in Buttonwood since May!! We live on Buttonwood Run, which was literally a dirt pile back in May, and is now almost built out. There is one vacant lot opposite our home (the end of Buttonwood Run), and one behind us which is actually Chancy. Neither have "sold" signs and we are curious as to what home style will eventually be built. Our road boasts many "At Ease" homes. Welcome to "Shangrila", this is an awesome place to live.
Hello there oldies---lol we bought in June and are coming down next week to finailize and to start building/ our house here in NY just went into contract --we hope to be there in Buttonwwod full time by end of Oct ---
Old 08-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Platinum member

My closing on my Buttonwood home is Aug 16. I live on Kincord Court. I met a few of my neighbors and they seem like good people. From my experience, most people in the Villages are nice people. I'll catch up with you guys soon. PS: It used to be- "Old people came to Florida to die. These days- They come to The Villages to live."
Old 08-05-2010, 03:06 PM

Welcome to Buttonwood and TV!

I know how excited you must be because we're closing on our Buttonwood house in less than a week.

Last edited by Dan =^..^=; 08-05-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:35 PM
Sage

I already love all my Buttonwood neighbors!
Old 08-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhooman View Post
Hi Donnie,

We purchased our lot last month in Buttonwood on Graves Place. I'm so there! We will put our home on the market in Jan. 2011. I'm going to ask my Dad to send me some sand to sprinkle on my Sale sign too!

We extended our Lanai 4 feet. We decided against a pool because our home sits between two fabulous pools within walking distance. What's great about the TV you can do whatever makes you happy.

We are so thrilled about this new chapter of our lives. Also knowing that many people are choosing to move to TV from all over the country, gives me the courage to make this huge move from California. I have some fear about leaving my kid, grandkid and friends. But TV is calling me.

Congratulations!

Jeanette
Welcome! We made the move from CA in 2006 and haven't regretted it for even one second. You're going to love it here....and your kid as well as grandkid will love it here, too. They'll visit lots. I know you'll miss your friends, but you'll make lots of new friends when you arrive. Computers offer a great way to stay in touch with family and friends.

Buttonwood is moving right along. We drive down and check on things every so often. You're going to be in a lovely village...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:40 PM

Hi, Moving to buttonwood in two weeks, our house will be on Beecher Path, can't wait it has turned out so cute. Looking forward to making new friends and get my business up and going. I am a color designer for homes so it should be fun to help a lotof new people!
Old 08-05-2010, 05:53 PM

hi, our house on Beecher path will be ready aug 18 to close and we will be moving on the 21st.... our address is 2153 and would love to know who our neighbors.... moving from Tampa so it will not be too far for a move. seeeyou soon Kay and John
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.