Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
I live in Bridgeport........... CT.

Festus:

Congrats. I am sooooo happy for you.

2B
Hi neighbor.............we are closing on January 19th. Will be on Allure Loop.

Matt & Debbie
Old 11-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Village of El Cortez. Before: Canada, NY, VA, AL, AK, NV, DE & France, Germany

The weather's fine -- come on down!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:53 PM
Default Welcome to Buttonwood

Hi neighbor! We live on Buttonwood Run (that is, we'll be back there late December.)
Old 11-15-2010, 05:28 PM
Default Joining you'll Soon

Finally sold our house here in Houston, flying down to The Villages to buy our new home on Thursday and looking to move down after the 10th of December, truely looking forward to the move
Old 11-15-2010, 07:44 PM

Hey Buttonwood Folks,

I'm so jealous, I wish I was there too! We will be there next year hopefully, we bought our lot on Graves Court. We will be selling our home early next year and then begin building.

Enjoy!
Old 11-16-2010, 06:57 PM
Smile

We closed Oct. 26th in Buttonwood. We are on Danwood Place. Will be coming down in early Feb. Can't wait to meet all of you!!
Old 11-16-2010, 07:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by steba View Post
We closed Oct. 26th in Buttonwood. We are on Danwood Place. Will be coming down in early Feb. Can't wait to meet all of you!!
That's great news, Steba. Hope to meet you too. I see this is your first post. Welcome to TOTV. There are plenty of good conversations here, so open up and join in!
Old 11-16-2010, 10:25 PM
Smile Can't Wait

We have a lot on Allure Loop. Hope to have the house built early next year and be in by the end of February. Can't wait to get out of the cold!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:51 AM
Default Buttonwood - Breckenridge Ct.

We are going to be snowbirds so we bought a small (Patio Villa) property.

Only reservation I had was lack of shopping/restaurants/commercial development at the SE end of TV. I assume that will change with all the building in that area and in Brownwood.

Looking forward to golfing with some of you (if I ever figure out that resv system).

Any Illini/Big Ten fans in the area? I need to decide on cable/Direct TV pros and cons.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by festusrules View Post
I need to decide on cable/Direct TV pros and cons.
FWIW:

If you have DirecTV back home, read further: You can call their "Mover's Connection" toll-free number (877) 616-MOVE (6683) to arrange an antenna installation at your TV home. Make sure you bring your receivers (all of them) from home along with the 110v cords and the remotes and have your new televisions set up in your villa. They'll hook you up just like it was a new installation - - - except you provided the receivers! You call their regular 800 number to have them switch your local service area to TV - do the same when you leave to go back home. That controls where you're getting your local channels from - the TV area or back home. THERE ARE NO ADDITIONAL CHARGES/FEES FOR THIS. And the antenna install is free....for "standard installation", that is. If you want the antenna installed on a short pole in the ground, there's usually an up-charge for that. Anyways, this set-up should work perfectly for snowbirds. Thus it's like having a single DirecTV service/account......only you can use it at two locations. Hence the reason to take all your receivers to TV - they won't allow concurrent service at the two locations.

And if you don't have DirecTV service back home, maybe it's worth switching.

Bill
Old 11-17-2010, 08:29 PM
Veteran member
Cool

Quote:

Only reservation I had was lack of shopping/restaurants/commercial development at the SE end of TV. I assume that will change with all the building in that area and in Brownwood.

Looking forward to golfing with some of you (if I ever figure out that resv system).

Any Illini/Big Ten fans in the area? I need to decide on cable/Direct TV pros and cons.
Like Bill-n-Brillo, I like Directv also. I have cable in TV and use it when I'm there, and Directv when back north. I find Directv to be head and shoulders above cable. I find the picture quality better(I'm told it has to do with signal compression) and I'll be able to get regional sport channels in TV. Downside is you won't get the Villages channel, but you can get it online. I plan on switching over to Directv when we move down full time. And as far as being to far away from things, you'll be away from a lot of traffic, and you're only a nice cart ride away!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:17 PM

Well, we made it down to The Villages last Thursday through Sunday, started looking at homes on Thursday afternoon with sales agent Tommy I. and ended up selecting our new house 4 hours later. New home will be located in Pennecamp, off of Pennecamp Drive (1748), close on the 20th of December, but moving down on the 11th staying with brother-in-law who has house in BonnyBrook.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomg1951 View Post
Well, we made it down to The Villages last Thursday through Sunday, started looking at homes on Thursday afternoon with sales agent Tommy I. and ended up selecting our new house 4 hours later. New home will be located in Pennecamp, off of Pennecamp Drive (1748), close on the 20th of December, but moving down on the 11th staying with brother-in-law who has house in BonnyBrook.
Congratulations!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:03 PM
Question

Quote:

Is Bottonwood somewhat more isolated? Where is shopping and the town squares in relation to this area?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynbod View Post

Is Bottonwood somewhat more isolated? Where is shopping and the town squares in relation to this area?
Buttonwood is between SR 466 and SR 466A, SW of Pennecamp, towards the SW portion of TV..........as TV currently exists. The closest Town Square today is Lake Sumter Landing, which is not all that far away. As new construction continues south of 466A, Buttonwood will be pretty much equidistant from the new Brownwood square and LSL. In addition to shopping, etc. that's in LSL, there's some shopping at Colony Plaza Shopping Center which is currently in the far SE corner of the existing development.

Hope that helps!

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.