Buying A Home - MLS or The Villages Realtor

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2023, 09:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiviAruba View Post
Hi,
I am looking at buying a home in TV. Is there a big difference on who you buy it from? I was told if it was an MLS that TV Real Estate cannot be involved with that.
Any information?
As a seller, you have to pick one or go FSBO.

As a buyer, you can buy from anyone using any realtor service. Look at both and see who offers the best house for the lowest price.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:36 AM

They both do a good job but The villages is more high pressure sales tactics than mls meet them both see who you click with.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,717 Times in 5,245 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron32162 View Post
They both do a good job but The villages is more high pressure sales tactics than mls meet them both see who you click with.
I don't know about most people, but high pressure sales tactics never work on me. In fact, they usually have the opposite result.
Old 02-18-2023, 09:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member

If you go with TV realtor don’t try & make an offer they’ll just tell you they’ll sell it for the listed price. A realtor outside TV will. So if you’re not planning on making an offer it does make any difference!
Old 02-18-2023, 10:11 AM
Default Sumter County Property taxes

Quote:
Hi,
I am looking at buying a home in TV. Is there a big difference on who you buy it from? I was told if it was an MLS that TV Real Estate cannot be involved with that.
Any information?
If you are buying Sumter County, they tax you on the model you will buy.

Here is an example of pre-owned home.
IRIS Sold 2/21 $435,000 DH71 168(sq ft price)
LANTANA Sold 2/21 $406,000 DH72 183(sq. ft price)

The cheaper house (Lantana) may pay higher taxes of $700 per year. I have the 2022 report. If you would like a copy private message me.

You can email Sumter and ask for the 2023 Model sq. ft price.
Valuation Division
James Stephens, Director
James.Stephens@sumtercountyfl.gov
Old 02-18-2023, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,371 Times in 817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBuckeye View Post
If you go with TV realtor don’t try & make an offer they’ll just tell you they’ll sell it for the listed price. A realtor outside TV will. So if you’re not planning on making an offer it does make any difference!
Not our experience. We bought a resale and absolutely put in an offer. We did not pay the listed price.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:31 AM

Or just by mine. Not listed with anybody! FSBO
Old 02-18-2023, 10:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSR22 View Post
Not our experience. We bought a resale and absolutely put in an offer. We did not pay the listed price.
Absolutely. I think the poster was confusing new homes. Pre-owns you can most certainly negotiate.
Old 02-18-2023, 10:38 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Absolutely. I think the poster was confusing new homes. Pre-owns you can most certainly negotiate.
Yes, whether it on a Realtor's MLS listing or an agent's VLS listing on pre-owned.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-18-2023, 11:00 AM
Default Village of citrus grove

Quote:
Hi,
Any information?
I built my home in citrus grove a year ago. Now that I am a bit more experienced I will say that there are a few things to consider before buying. If you don’t want the expense of the bond, you must buy in an older neighborhood. I like my neighborhood because it is not as crowded as further north but it has its’ disadvantages. There are no shops, markets, stores, gas stations, etc. very close by. No such thing as hopping in the car for a quick ride because you ran out of an ingredient. Coming from Long Island, where everything was within a stone’s throw, it takes some getting used to. It will take a while, to develop the other side of the turnpike which is ok As long as age is on your side.
We don’t have a traditional town square. We have sawgrass which to me, is just a place for an expensive quick bite, boozing, and listening to some music. bring your own chairs because there are not enough supplied. No shopping or varied dining establishments.
In my opinion, homes are much closer together and streets are narrower in the south. I believe when building continues further south from citrus grove, your taxes will be even higher because you will be in another county.
The turnpike noise can be annoying, especially at night when the wind blows, and meggison rd. Is going to be a very well traveled road once building continues south of here. It is the only access road to the rest of the villages.
Most villages south, are very close to the turnpike and those ugly (and dangerous) power towers.
Something to consider also, is that the further north you go, the older your neighbors will be because many of them bought at the time their village was developed.
The landscaping will look much prettier north, because it has had time to mature. Landscaping is very expensive but you will not be choosing your own style of landscaping.
I believe many people keep selling to relocate to newer villages, to keep the value of their home. Most people like newer homes, therefore after five years I believe the resale loses some of its’ appeal due to the older styles and designs.
In regards to the realtor, most definitely get both agents. TV will push new builds. I know people who listed their homes with TV and in six months, their house was never shown once. MLS handles only resales so they have a much larger inventory of used homes.
TV salespeople are not obligated to tell you what is going to be built on the vacant land across from you. You may like that open green field across from your house only to find in six months that you have a garbage recycling plant next to you. DO YOUR HOMEWORK FIRST. Look at tv map and research what the green areas are, which represent private property.
Good luck and once again, do your own homework. TV agents will tell you as little as possible.
Old 02-18-2023, 11:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Work with one of each. The Properties of The Villages sales reps have a reputation of listing pre-owned homes but selling new homes. They do that because they have no competition selling new homes—independent brokers are prohibited from selling new homes in The Villages.

If you’re convinced that all you want is a new home, then you’re fine using a TPoTV rep. But if you want to deal with a realtor who knows and will show you pre-owned properties, deal with an independent.
Old 02-18-2023, 01:36 PM
Default TV Realty

About 5 years ago we flew from Indiana to look a resale with a pool. Met the realtor at the office to go see the house. She informed us that she couldn’t show us the house because they already had an offer on it and once that happens their policy is they can’t show it to anyone else. I asked “What if they can’t get financing? What if I offer more?” She said “Sorry, that’s our policy.” I said “ So you knew this on Thursday and didn’t call to tell me and we flew down and rented a car for no reason?” She said she had other houses to show us. I told her I would NEVER do business with TV Realty again. I don’t know if that is still their policy.
Old 02-18-2023, 01:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron32162 View Post
Pretty broad brush... Our Villages agent was nothing close to "high pressure"...

-Tom Petty
Old 02-18-2023, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdecastro View Post
Just buy mine. VLS 238299. :-)
Sorry. That one is too big for me.
Old 02-18-2023, 02:41 PM

I have sent you a message.
Closed Thread

Tags
buying, mls, home, involved, estate

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.