Cable and Internet Providers

Closed Thread
Old 11-14-2023, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
I live in DeSoto. When I go to their website and put in my address, it gives no response. Not a yes, not a no, nothing. Maybe it's not available everywhere in the Villages?
Depending on where you live in the Villages, If you can get Fiber the newer-older areas north of 44 and south of 466a you are served by Quantum Fiber. In the newer area just built, you are served by Centric. Both are excellent.

Always go with a fiber provider. No tax, no fees, price is stable. Also, you will be getting the latest technology without worrying about your price going up without you knowing it from some special deal the cable company gage you. With Quantum, they now give your a very good WiFi mesh network for free with the service. It's WiFi 6E system and works very good. It's a several hundred dollar value.

BTW, If anyone is interested I have an Orbi 960 WiFi 6E mesh system for sale. PM me if interested.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:14 AM
Wink Cable & Internet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sviscusi View Post
I'll be moving down to Lake Denham in December and was wondering which provider for cable and internet that you would recommend? My contract lists the following providers: Comcast Xfinity, Spectrum and Centric Fiber.
We had switched to YouTube TV from xfinity last year and found that it saves us 50 bucks per month. It has as many channels as xfinity has and also includes major TV networks such as ABC, Fox, etc. and major sport networks such as Big Ten, etc. (it had showed 7 out of 8 Univ of IL football games!) I use T Mobile for internet as T Mobile is our cell phone provider with no charge for nexflix...usually costs us $125 per month for both of cable & internet. Don t overlook with the name of the business cable provider, YouTube TV, not just YouTube. Much less ads...if you watch major tv networks, they won t cut numbers of minutes of their same junky ads. Not sure with Spectrum...it seems to apply in the area of south of Rt. 466A and south of The Villages. Good luck hunting. Chas
Old 11-14-2023, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battlebasset View Post
I live in DeSoto. When I go to their website and put in my address, it gives no response. Not a yes, not a no, nothing. Maybe it's not available everywhere in the Villages?
Same here, I don’t think it’s available in our area. I would think making it a available is a huge undertaking.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:22 AM
Default Cable TV suggestions please

Hello,
We are moving to The Villages in late December and would appreciate any input on cable TV suggestions.

I live in Indiana and we use XFINITY, and paying $276 a month for nothing..

Thank you,
JoJo
Old 11-15-2023, 08:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,738 Times in 5,252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjndj View Post
Hello,
We are moving to The Villages in late December and would appreciate any input on cable TV suggestions.

I live in Indiana and we use XFINITY, and paying $276 a month for nothing..

Thank you,
JoJo
Wow. $276 per month for nothing? I think I would stop paying.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCJ61 View Post
Not sure on that one. Give them a call, they were very easy to contact and speak with.
DeSoto MAY have fiber (Quantum Fiber). Fenney does. Calling them is the right thing to do.
Old 11-15-2023, 08:49 AM
Sage

Quantum Fiber (a rebranding of the fiber side of CenturyLink) used to have a great deal of $30/month for 200 megabits per second up and down as their lowest tier of service. The current deal is $50/month for 500 megabits per second up and down for their lowest tier of service. This is too bad since 200 megabits per second is more bandwidth than most people can use, let alone 500 megabits per seconds. Regardless, if you have access, they have dependable service. I have been using them for 9 years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinball wizard View Post
DeSoto MAY have fiber (Quantum Fiber). Fenney does. Calling them is the right thing to do.
Old 11-15-2023, 11:54 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Quantum Fiber (a rebranding of the fiber side of CenturyLink) used to have a great deal of $30/month for 200 megabits per second up and down as their lowest tier of service. The current deal is $50/month for 500 megabits per second up and down for their lowest tier of service. This is too bad since 200 megabits per second is more bandwidth than most people can use, let alone 500 megabits per seconds. Regardless, if you have access, they have dependable service. I have been using them for 9 years.
The $50 includes up to 4 of their 'mesh pods' to cover the entire house with WiFi.
Closed Thread

Tags
providers, cable, internet, centric, spectrum

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.