Which Cable Service?

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2012, 04:57 PM

Is Brighthouse available in Belle Aire?
Thanks,
Bob
Old 05-29-2012, 05:05 PM
Email Reported As Spam

I have ComCast for TV Phone and Internet. ComCast added programing. I have absolutely excellent service from ComCast and so I am very satisfied
Old 05-29-2012, 07:27 PM
Sage
Default Love Bright house cable

We have Bright house in the village of Sanibel and are very happy!! Great customer service!
Old 06-14-2012, 03:29 PM
Thumbs down Century Link south of 466A

We moved into Sanibel last December and are Snowbirds. Left in January and put our Century Link service on vacation hold. Returned in April and from the day we took it off vacation major problems. While in TV in April we disconnected service and are now with Bright House and couldn't be happier. No one knows what they are doing at Century Link, a lot of misinformation, went a week with no Prism (to make matters worse it was during the Master's). Up until yesterday, we were still dealing with them regarding our final bill even though we didn't have service with them since April 18. I would not recommend Century Link to anyone. Even the supervisors don't know what is going on.
Old 06-16-2012, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanatic Luvr View Post
It is available south of 466A so I hear. Only wish it was available north of
466A.
The service area map on their website includes all of The Villages. Is it that they don't have the cables laid above 466a?
Old 06-16-2012, 05:32 PM

Paul, the Brighthouse rep. in TV has posted saying they were only south of 466A. If you put Brighthouse in the search field you will find his post. He has been alerting us when new streets become available.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:08 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg

We just went to Direct TV...I think it is best to change when you contract is up. Our new tv broke and the repairman suggested which switch services every two years. They handled prism, direct and dish. They said that way you have the latest equipment and get all the discounts. We did change from dish to direct TV. We have a dvr that records more than the last one we had. I am getting use to the new controls that have a lot more features than the direct one and we get the NFL package for one year...movies channels for three months.

I found with dish even though they said the phone price was inexpensive...with all the taxes....I dropped it immediately and went with a voip service for 19 a month and no taxes. You can use all your regular phones and have all the great phone extras.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
We just went to Direct TV...I think it is best to change when you contract is up. Our new tv broke and the repairman suggested which switch services every two years. They handled prism, direct and dish. They said that way you have the latest equipment and get all the discounts. We did change from dish to direct TV. We have a dvr that records more than the last one we had. I am getting use to the new controls that have a lot more features than the direct one and we get the NFL package for one year...movies channels for three months.

I found with dish even though they said the phone price was inexpensive...with all the taxes....I dropped it immediately and went with a voip service for 19 a month and no taxes. You can use all your regular phones and have all the great phone extras.
I live in Pennecamp.
Old 06-17-2012, 03:25 PM

You might want to try Century Link Prism which has a special on at the moment for 6 months with no contract!
Old 06-19-2012, 12:56 PM
Location: The Villages, Florida, formerly of West Des Moines, Iowa

We bought our house in Sanibel last Thursday and on Friday had Brighthouse installed. Paul Muniz, the sales rep, gave us a great deal, and Tim who installed all of it, was wonderful. They're knowledgeable and very thorough. We're pleased with it. The only thing missing is The Villages TV channel, but rumor has it that it's coming to us this fall.

Linda
The Village of Sanibel, Fl; West Des Moines, Iowa
Flourishing Palms
Old 06-19-2012, 09:49 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to Tickled_pink
Default Brighthouse

Another vote for Brighthouse!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:53 PM

We are going with Bright House, cheaper, faster Internet and NO CONTRACT but a price guarantee for 24 months minimum. No brainier for us.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 PM
Send a message via MSN to sunlover

Centurylink seems to be getting more business in the southern part of The Villages. My brother in law just had them out. The bundled prices (cable, HD, DVR, high speed internet, phone) is less than Comcast. I had several problems with Comcast the first year (equipment failure, recording problems, service problems connecting digital adapters). Equipment and recording problems seem to have been rectified now since they've implemented the new digital service. It's frustrating that we have to get the digital adaptors for all tvs now. Only two are free. Compare high speed internet speeds if that's important. My brother in law said Centurylink is slower than Comcast.
Old 06-23-2012, 10:38 PM
Gold member
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happinow View Post
We have Bright house in the village of Sanibel and are very happy!! Great customer service!
How much for their phone internet and Cable package? Is their cable 1080P for best picture?

Tks
Old 06-26-2012, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jean528 View Post
Moving into our new home in Sanibel in 2 weeks. Which is the best Cable service if you just want Hi-Speed Internet & basic DVR TV (maybe big 10 network, depending on cost). ComCast? Century Link? SkySat20? Thanks!
We also live in Sanibel (snowbirds). Had major problems with Century Link and changed to Bright House--they are great!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.