Chicken or the Egg Question

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Default Chicken or the Egg Question

I am renting a villa for two months this winter. Am thinking more and more of purchasing, if I like it.

If you were able to start with a fresh purchase, which would be your driving consideration? The house or the location? Because of my age (76) I probably would become a FT resident in a few years.

The thing that attracted me to the Villages, is the opportunity to play in the concert-type bands. The thing I am concerned with, is that I have lived on a 118 acre lot most of my adult life - very few neighbors and and within reasonable limits, I am able to live with very few zoning type restrictions.
Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Platinum member

hockyb:

I think most folks will tell you that the lifestyle here is what sold them in the first place. I'd agree that you'll undoubtedly have some real adjustment to make "downsizing" from 118 acres to probably less than one-tenth of one acre, but your chances to play with a bunch of other guys and gals of like age and interests will help with that adjustment.

It's good that you're renting for two months. That'll really give you a chance to see how you will fit in here.

BTW, welcome to TOTV!

SWR

Old 07-27-2009, 03:08 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION How close to town squares, shopping, golf, view, back yard privacy, neighbors, traffic, N-S-E-W facing, how it feels to you, and how you get in and out of TV. You can adapt to any home style and size but once your on the ground, it's that ground forever. So after being there for several weeks, list all the things you want in a location and then find those first, home second.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member

You have given yourself two months to figure it out, good for you....GN

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.