Choosing New Services - Collier

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2014, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy steam View Post
I have bright house. Wifi is turbo , my phone is included, and cable tv with HBO. Wifi is fast,no problems with the speed. Had it for the last year and it's been ok so far. Cost is $ 142 a month.

Have been talking with rep from Brighthouse, too. Don't want land line phone, we'll keep our cells. I was quoted around $125/month including the DVR and modem/router for wifi. Only one TV -- don't think we will do much watching because we hope to collapse each day from activity exhaustion.
Bruce
Old 02-13-2014, 04:45 PM

We have direct TV & like it. Of course when it rains hard you will loose transmission for a few minutes. Comcast for internet & service is terrible. I wish we had Bright house in Mallory. Good luck
Old 02-14-2014, 10:18 AM
Default Services Selected and installed

We have all our services and they are installed and working well. We chose Bright House Networks via Lysander the Bright House Rep, for Internet and phone. While there were a couple of glitches with the install, Lysander was outstanding and got all the glitches corrected and made everything 'good'. I can't say enough good things about Lysander, he is the star of Bright House. The Bright House techs also were also great, the couple of glitches came during the initial install by contractors used by Bright House, but everything was good in the end.

For TV, we chose the DirecTV genie system via the Costco offer. We chose the Ultimate package and I added a GenieGo to the order which allows downloading of content from the DVR to my Ipad and Iphone for viewing offline. The offer included installation of One Genie DVR and 3 'mini' Genies. The Genie DVR can record 5 shows at once and stream them to any of the mini Genies. The mini Genies can have full control over the dvr to add and erase programs to the schedule. The offer from Costco came with 3 free months of the movie channels and a 2 year commitment with $20 month early cancellation charges if you don't go the full 2 years. I like the Genie's because the remotes use RF so the boxes can be hidden from sight.

It also came with a $200 costco cashback card which we used to purchase a new TV to replace a damaged TV from the move, my bad for doing a self move.

To Net it out, all is great with Bright House and DirecTV in The Villages
Old 02-15-2014, 08:20 AM

Actually the blue cables ARE CAT5. The outlets are not, and neither are the junction connector. Happily all the needed stuff is avaiable from Amazon.com. I added the equipment and installed a small network switch in the garage junction box and have cat five active at five drops in the house. If you need a new line run to a new location, such as the Tv outlet in the living room, tell the vendor to install a new phone line, which is cat5 cable and after they leave change it over to an RJ45 connector (8 pins) instead of the telephone connector RJ11 which is only 6 pins. If you would like to stop by to see what Ive done, PM me.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Gold member
Default One up for Brighthouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gturay View Post
I signed up wih Brighthouse and got great service. The tech had to run cable from the pedestal on the lot line to the box, right next to the Comcast cable. He also wired all outlets, set up the wireless modem and verified that it worked and set the password that I wanted. I can change it later. The install was free and the first month of internet and cable is almost free (gave us $98 discount).
Pretty much the same deal for us. Everything works great and the internet is fast. Apparently Comcast put the cable in with the utilities and they will not let any other cable company use "their" cable. Kind of dumb if you ask me. That accomplishes nothing. Either you are going to use Comcast of Not... I say Not.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.