Christmas Decorations

Closed Thread
Old 10-11-2010, 01:32 PM
Default Christmas Decorations

Hello Everyone,

This is my first post but have been lurking for a while. You guys are extremely helpful and I have learned a lot.

We are anxiously awaiting our move to TV right after Christmas. We built a home in Hemingway and can't wait to move in permanently. I was wondering how much of my Christmas decorations I should bring. Do people decorate much there? Do they outline their house with lights? Any info you can give me might save my paying to move stuff i don't need.
Thanks
Frank
Old 10-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Veteran member
Location: Indiana,the Villages,Port Charlotte fl ,Summerfield fl, The villages again

Some people like to decorate a lot and others (like us) just a little.
It really depends on how much you want to do......There are a lot less decorations put up here then up north.................but a lot of people decorate the golf carts.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:20 PM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by FVtreas View Post
Hello Everyone,

This is my first post but have been lurking for a while. You guys are extremely helpful and I have learned a lot.

We are anxiously awaiting our move to TV right after Christmas. We built a home in Hemingway and can't wait to move in permanently. I was wondering how much of my Christmas decorations I should bring. Do people decorate much there? Do they outline their house with lights? Any info you can give me might save my paying to move stuff i don't need.
Thanks
Frank
Right above is a Quick Links tab, click on it and then all albums. There are pictures posted of Christmas decorations around TV ..........Welcome!

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 10-11-2010, 02:32 PM
Default Christmas decorations

Welcome to The Villages!

Yes, some people decorate more than others, but the spirit of Christmas certainly is a part of Village life.

Keep in mind -- when you decorate for Christmas in the North, you are doing so in 'cold weather conditions' most of the time. But a benefit of decorating here is the weather is usually very nice and in taking down the decorations, you are not doing it in one of the coldest months of the year!!

If you are not satisfied with the decorations you bring with you, they can always be donated to a worthy organization.

Good luck!
Old 10-11-2010, 02:38 PM
Platinum member

A reminder:

Christmas decorations are "seasonal" and as such are permitted in your front yard and on the house BUT for no more than 30 days! No putting up for Thanksgiving and taking down before the Super Bowl!

SWR
Old 10-11-2010, 02:48 PM
Default Think about storage

This will be our first Christmas in TV and have been told some people really go all out. However, remember you won't have a basement. Bring what you love and weed out those shopworn Christmas things and be sure the lights work before paying to move them.

We think we were wise to pay to have attic steps put in so we can more easily take things down. Even with steps, it still isn't easy.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:34 PM

As cheap as lights are these days, don't bother packing them. I can't get mine to stay working when they're packed out in my shed. Unless there's some sentimental value to the ones you have, just get a whole new set at Wal-Mart.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:46 PM
Banned
Default Bring it all

if that's what you like. Hanging decorations here is like working in paradise. Everything can be done from a step ladder. Palms look really kewl with twinkle lights. It's great fun. Don't forget the generator for the extra power requirements for all those lights!!!
Old 10-12-2010, 10:42 AM

I didn't bring anything down but some inside decoartive items. I have purchased things to fill in and did end up purchasing outdoor lights. Agree with bring what you love and leave the rest unless you are sure you want to do mega decorating.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.