Comcast Installation

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2010, 07:24 PM
Default Comcast Installation

I have a question on Comcast installation. I got a letter from Clear Link Comm saying that they are The Villages Comcast installer. Who does the installation in The Villages? Comcast or Clear Link?
Old 04-27-2010, 07:39 PM
nkrifats

I can not tell you if it was clear link who did my installation. I can tell you it was a third party contracted to comcast. I am for sure it was not comcast itself.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:05 PM
Veteran member

I used Clear Link Communications to do my Comcast installation. The technician who came used to work for Comcast. I found them much easier to work with than calling the 800 number for Comcast.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 PM

I called Clear Link and they told me they don't install everything I wanted. I think I remember they also didn't install where I'm moving to, Mallory Square. What I remember is they told me to call Comcast.
Old 04-28-2010, 05:19 AM
Veteran member
Default cable installation

Our Villages realtor gave us a list of numbers that we'd need for setting up our new home. Included in this was a local number for Comcast installation. I called hoping to get it scheduled in 2 weeks when we'd be back down to TV. They were unable to accomodate us and suggested that we call Comcast on their 800 number. Did this and had no problem getting it scheduled. They arrived on time and did a good job.
Old 04-28-2010, 07:22 AM
Gold member

It's confusing. Clear Link can make appointments to have internet and cable installed but not telephone, even if you're interested in getting phone service from Comcast.
Install is done by a rep from Comcast. I don't know if he works for that company or is third party.
Most questions about service have to made to Comcast. I'm still not sure why I called Clear Link or what the actually do, except answer the phone and make appointments for Comcast. Some folks say they can get an appointment for installation quicker through Clear Link.
I had a question about my first bill, which included installation fees and a lot of other stuff. The rep from Clear Link assured me that it was correct. Didn't seem right to me so I called Comcast and they agreed that I'd been overcharged $24.95 and issued a credit.
When you call the Clear Link number, the phone is answered by someone at the The Villages Daily Sun, so I guess Clear Link is in cahoots with them.
Hope this is much clearer to you now! lol
Old 04-28-2010, 04:41 PM
Send a message via AIM to Zass38

My installation was done by a Comcast employee. I made the appointment directly with Comcast. It took two trips to get it right and both times the technician was a direct employee of Comcast.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Sage

I just called today to have Easylink get me hooked up. I said I wanted the Triple Play service and they said I'd have to call Comcast. Called Comcast and gave them my address in Buttonwood and they said it was too new to have it in their system and would have to put it in the system and call me back in 3 or 4 days. I wonder how others on my street got a hookup unless they didn't request triple play and Easy Link did it. From reading other posts it appears that Easy Link doesn't do telephone service. Isn't there AT&T or Bell South in the area?
Old 04-28-2010, 06:51 PM
Default Comcast

Thanks for the thoughts on Comcast hookup. As it turned out, our area in Pennecamp is not in Comcast's system yet for phone service. Also, the total cost of going thru Clear Link or Comcast is very close. So, we went with Clear Link for cable and internet. Thanks to cell phones, we can work on the phone hookup later.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:16 AM

We called Comcast about a month before our move to Pennecamp. We got conflicting info on whether Comcast phone was available or not, but finally got someone who said it was and it took her about three or four days to get it into the system. Of course, when we got to Pennecamp and called to verify our appointment time, Comcast said they had no record of us even though we were previously given a phone number. It took about 3 calls until they found us.

As far as installation, we had two guys who I think were subcontracted by Comcast even though they wore Comcast shirts. A third guy, a regular Comcast employee, had to come out to install cable cards in our Tivo because that is a service that Comcast will allow employees only to do. Kind of funny, though, because the subcontractor had to talk the employee through it.

A bit of a trouble to get everything done with Comcast, but everything is fine now.
Old 07-08-2010, 07:56 AM
Default Comcast Installation

I can't seem to find a phone number for Clear Link in the phone book or online. Does anyone have their number?
Old 07-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Default Another question about installation

I hope this hasn't already been asked...when Comcast comes to do an installation they charge you for each outlet...my question is what is done for each location? When we hooked our cable last time all they had to do was turn it on for us...no specific charge for each room in the house. Also, when you select internet on their website it says installation is $99.00. No option to not select. Thanks in advance for any answers.
Old 07-11-2010, 03:27 PM
Platinum member

That's a very good question. When we purchased the house we have now, it was "wired" for cable. What that meant was there was a box in each room with a wire hanging out of it. I did all the hook-ups myself. I put cable connectors at each outlet and tied all the rooms together down in the basement. Am I going to have to do this in TV? Is it allowed? There are no safety issues involved, just stripping the cable and putting a connector on the cable and a cover plate and then running a cable from the TV to the box.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 07-11-2010, 04:33 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by getdul981 View Post
That's a very good question. When we purchased the house we have now, it was "wired" for cable. What that meant was there was a box in each room with a wire hanging out of it. I did all the hook-ups myself. I put cable connectors at each outlet and tied all the rooms together down in the basement. Am I going to have to do this in TV? Is it allowed? There are no safety issues involved, just stripping the cable and putting a connector on the cable and a cover plate and then running a cable from the TV to the box.
Cable outlets all have connectors on them. You won't have to do that. I have outlets in each room and one in the laundry room and one outside.

Comcast charges for each box you rent, they don't seem to charge per active outlet. If you want, you can plug in your cable ready tv to the cable outlet without a box and get a number of channels.

When we moved in we had an additional outlet installed in our bedroom. Mom in law just had two additional outlets installed in her new house when she move in. We had them installed by someone other than Comcast. We were told that only so many outlets will work well without putting in a booster but we didn't exceed the power limit. Mom might have so she deactivated one she wasn't going to ever use.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:35 PM
Sage

YO GETDUL..........Be real careful going into the basement!!!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.