Coming down finally

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2016, 07:31 AM
Gold member
Default Coming down finally

Can anyone please tell me if there's a restriction on certain size trucks, like tractor trailers, from entering the Villages.
The movers are asking.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2016, 07:37 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Default No

Quote:
Originally Posted by anarick View Post
Can anyone please tell me if there's a restriction on certain size trucks, like tractor trailers, from entering the Villages.
The movers are asking.

Thanks
Large tractor trailers (moving company) are a common site. Please ask the driver to be careful about not running over sprinkler heads.
Old 01-24-2016, 07:38 AM
Sage

There are no restrictions on truck sizes entering the villages (I had a typical 53 foot trailer deliver my furniture to my home, no problem.) However, some of the villa streets are too narrow and/or twisted to allow large trailers to negotiate without doing damage to landscaping, sprinklers, etc. These issues are resolved by the mover renting a small truck and using it to shuttle the goods to your door from the nearest parking area.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,160 Times in 2,252 Posts

You are bringing way too much stuff with you, we speak from experience. But aside from that, I agree with the comments above. We see large trucks all the time. Occasionally the villages community watch will complain if the truck blocks more than half of the roadway, his needs to be kept clear for emergency vehicles. I have seen CW tell the truckers to move the vehicle.
Welcome to TV.
One work of advice, move in, get your furniture arranged, take a deep breath, and relax. Then do NOT do any business with the "welcome wagon", water system sales people, landscapers, etc., until you get to know our neighbors d get advice on who to trust and work with. Look over this site, lots of info on things to consider and background info.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:22 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
The movers are asking.

Thanks
I'm hoping your transporting 6 muscle cars. Leave the northern style furniture behind. This is after all, Florida.
Old 01-24-2016, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

We had United Van Lines move us from Baltimore in 2011. For Ricky D's benefit, our mover used a big truck but that's because they made a stop in Savannah, then us in TV and then onward to Tampa, he explained 3 families on one trip.

Our driver called us from Jacksonville and said he was on his way. I told him to call when he gets to TV and I'll give him better directions. A few hours later I heard a truck out front of our courtyard villa. It was the them, he arrived and found us, we're in the last street of a CYV community, he made it without any destruction, how he did it, I'll never know. His truck looked like this. Everything inside was fine except for 3 artificial trees were totally ruined, but that's not too bad.

The Villages Florida
Old 01-24-2016, 11:05 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,043 Times in 369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
You are bringing way too much stuff with you, we speak from experience. But aside from that, I agree with the comments above. We see large trucks all the time. Occasionally the villages community watch will complain if the truck blocks more than half of the roadway, his needs to be kept clear for emergency vehicles. I have seen CW tell the truckers to move the vehicle.
Welcome to TV.
One work of advice, move in, get your furniture arranged, take a deep breath, and relax. Then do NOT do any business with the "welcome wagon", water system sales people, landscapers, etc., until you get to know our neighbors d get advice on who to trust and work with. Look over this site, lots of info on things to consider and background info.
Amen !!!
Old 01-24-2016, 12:48 PM
Gold member

Thank you very much for all the replies
Old 01-24-2016, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts
Default Welcome to The Villages

Quote:
Thank you very much for all the replies
And please don't feel bad about bringing whatever furniture you want with you. It's your stuff, and not everyone living in The Villages needs or wants to have a wicker or beach themed home.
Old 01-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
The movers are asking.
Congratulations, you must be so excited.
You've been a member for almost four years, so presumably you've figured out most things on your own.
However if you have any questions at all, we are all here to help!
Enjoy your new life. It's a wonderful retirement community.
Old 01-24-2016, 04:01 PM

Amen
Old 01-24-2016, 06:34 PM
Sage

I have a different answer.
Unless the moving company are friends of yours I think you should have them figure it out and make the phone calls. If they make the mistake they will need to correct it.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I have a different answer.
Unless the moving company are friends of yours I think you should have them figure it out and make the phone calls. If they make the mistake they will need to correct it.
Thanks Tomwed but it's mentioned in the contract and they asked. So, I'm just checking ahead.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Thanks Tomwed but it's mentioned in the contract and they asked. So, I'm just checking ahead.
You'll get a lot of good, free advice here.
Closed Thread

Tags
trailers, tractor, trucks, entering, size, movers, villages, finally, restriction, coming

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.