Coming to the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2013, 04:24 PM
Smile Coming to the Villages

My husband and I will be coming to the villages on Sept.9 for the lifestyle preview plan. We will be staying a week .
I have The Villages Florida book, and I will be printing the Rec. schedule for Sept. I know that I need to get a map of the Villages and a map of the golf cart roads.
Is there anything else that we need to do to prepare for our trip or is there any advice that can be given about what we should do after we get here?
We are both very excited to be coming.
Old 08-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Veteran member

Yes, prepare to have fun...
Old 08-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Here's a thread from that same question last week. Help Me Plan My LSV! Anytime you have a new question, use the search button at the top of the site, chances are it's been asked many times already.
Old 08-12-2013, 07:49 PM

bring your check book ! Have fun
Old 08-12-2013, 08:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome.

You will be absolutely speechless about this place. There is nothing like it ever in the history of man kind. A beautiful 17 mile long campus with so many opportunities to enjoy the retirement years and to feel so young. There are homes priced from about 70 thousand dollars to homes well over a million and a half, but both have the same amenity fee and the same opportunity to enjoy all of the activities. There are now 32(?) executive courses that only require a small trail fee and 12 championship courses, dozens of pickleball courts, and shuffleboard, tennis, bocce courts, horseshoes and interior pool tables in all of the beautifully appointed rec centers. We have lots of family pools and pools for adults over thirty. We have gifted artists who are villagers and musicians and singers who are villagers performing for us in their lovely evening clothes and skilled people teaching us in rec centers and at the LifeLongLearning Center. We have dozens of affordable restaurants where you can get a lovely meal for about ten dollars in beautiful surroundings and served by excellent and patient servers. We all llve like millionaires here thanks to the genius and business acumen of the Morse family.

There are a lot of old people here, but we are getting an influx of kids in their fifties. We like to debate on this forum and to kid around a lot and we all think we are very smart having lived long enough to live in lower Paradise.

Welcome. You will love it here.
Old 08-12-2013, 08:42 PM
Gold member

with everything GracieGirl said!

And, yes, do bring your checkbook !!!!
Old 08-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

tax returns help also if you are looking for a mortgage, and your checkbook
Old 08-14-2013, 08:16 PM

My wife and I will be there the same week, 9-13 Sept. Maybe we will run into each other!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:34 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalomuall View Post
bring your check book ! Have fun
We came in April and took this advice. Both parts.
Old 08-15-2013, 09:04 PM
Default We booked our LSV for Nov

We will be down Nov 12 - 17th with my sister and brother in law. I have a few years to kick the tires, however since we sold the homestead we can buy any time. I wonder if a home in the Villages will appreciate faster than the .8% I am getting on the cash from the sale of my house? (kidding as I am sure it will)

From reading TSV I think whatever I buy will have a big 12 x 36 - 40 lanai on the back...facing SE and no kissing allowed. Still working out the rest of the details....
Old 08-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Make sure you have a golf cart. This is the best way to learn TVs.
Old 08-16-2013, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Welcome.

You will be absolutely speechless about this place. There is nothing like it ever in the history of man kind. A beautiful 17 mile long campus with so many opportunities to enjoy the retirement years and to feel so young. There are homes priced from about 70 thousand dollars to homes well over a million and a half, but both have the same amenity fee and the same opportunity to enjoy all of the activities. There are now 32(?) executive courses that only require a small trail fee and 12 championship courses, dozens of pickleball courts, and shuffleboard, tennis, bocce courts, horseshoes and interior pool tables in all of the beautifully appointed rec centers. We have lots of family pools and pools for adults over thirty. We have gifted artists who are villagers and musicians and singers who are villagers performing for us in their lovely evening clothes and skilled people teaching us in rec centers and at the LifeLongLearning Center. We have dozens of affordable restaurants where you can get a lovely meal for about ten dollars in beautiful surroundings and served by excellent and patient servers. We all llve like millionaires here thanks to the genius and business acumen of the Morse family.

There are a lot of old people here, but we are getting an influx of kids in their fifties. We like to debate on this forum and to kid around a lot and we all think we are very smart having lived long enough to live in lower Paradise.

Welcome. You will love it here.
I love this post! Makes me sell more of my stuff to make a move easier.
We plan to visit in October and see if it is right for us.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.