Country Dancing

Closed Thread
Old 08-14-2009, 03:10 PM
Default Country Dancing

Hi! My husband and I have bought a house in Amelia, and are looking forward to upcoming visits in September and November. Can anyone tell me if country dancing (two-step, country waltz, etc.) is "alive and well" anywhere in TV? We love to country dance and are hoping we will have an opportunity while in TV. Thanks!
Old 08-14-2009, 03:51 PM
Gold member

Every Wednesday night at Spanish Springs town square and at Katie Belles is Country music night.

This Wednesday night for example at Spanish Springs Town Square Red Neck Country Club Band will be appearing and at Katie Belles will be Nashville Night with Norman Lee and Kathleen Kane.

So if Country is what you want Wednesday at Spanish Springs and Katie Belles is your night.
Old 08-14-2009, 04:45 PM

Thanks! Wednesday nights @ Spanish Springs - sounds like fun : ).
Old 08-14-2009, 09:32 PM

TV has a country partner line dance club. They dance at Katie Bells every Wed. afternoon from 12-3:30. They also dance every other Sunday, last Sunday at Pimlico.
Also, will be having a dance in Oct, and it is suggested to wear country outfits. You can get all of the info when you come to Katie Bells.
Carol
Old 08-15-2009, 09:07 AM

Another couple and my husb. and I teach Cajun/zydeco twice a month. We'd love to see you give it a try. Cajun is a two-step, waltz, and jitterbug (also Mamou two-step and jitterbug). You may like it. It's easy to learn. We have the workshops on the second Wednesday, 7:00-8:30pm and fourth Friday, 3:00-4:30pm at Truman Center. That's toward the south end of Canal Street. There's no charge and it's very casual.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:07 PM

Thanks to all of you for the information. We'll definitely have our dancing shoes with us when we arrive. Can't wait!
Old 08-16-2009, 09:36 PM
Veteran member

In the winter months on Thursday nights at Pimilico Rec center Bob and Pat have Lead and Follow C&W dance practice. Pat and Bob DJ nd play a good assortment and will play any lead and follow C&W dance music (ECS, Waltz, Cha Cha WCS etc) you want. Its free and not crowded, no fixed pattern or Line dancing.

KBs and each Square on Wed. Sumter Landing is better for dancing since it bigger and the floor is better suited for dancing.

Theres a few others inside and outside the villages that do C&W from time to time. Austin Carriage house has a dance each week I believe.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.