Cul-de-sac VS Corner lot

Closed Thread
Old 03-09-2021, 04:24 PM

We bought a corner lot by accident and would buy another one. We put a paver patio off the lanai to sit outside and chat and wave to the neighbor as they pass. Love it!

Only real downside which was mentioned above is the "kissing lanais".
Old 03-09-2021, 05:21 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

For us it was neither. We looked at corner lots but cul d sac homes were higher priced for no good reason. The corner lots we liked but figured the extra cost of landscaping and of a landscaper to maintain it was not worth it. In the end we went with a Villa with homes on each side as it had the most privacy and least amount of maintenance inside and out. We were not buying a home to have more work in retirement.
Old 03-09-2021, 07:26 PM

We rented a corner patio villa and one in the middle of the block. We bought a corner patio villa and very much enjoy the larger front patio with lanai on side. Dont feel as close to neighbors with corner. But the dog park issue is another thing and we love dogs. People bring dogs to our long yard and then go home after using our grass. We have had to put up the No pee and poop signs as stepping in waste and loosing several bushes was very disappointing. As dog owners all our lives except now we always respected others lawns when we saw those signs and was not offended by anyone who put them out. Some people do not and still use our lawn.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
OK, here's an easy one...

Which would you prefer, a smaller lot cul-de-sac home or a larger lot corner home and why?
We have a large lot cul-de-sac home in Bradford.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:19 AM

Quote:

Which would you prefer, a smaller lot cul-de-sac home or a larger lot corner home and why?
I love my corner lot, BUT due to its size, it requires lots more $$$ to keep up, including mowing, edging and irrigation. My sister lives on a cul de sac and has literally no outside upkeep. I would trade with her in a minute. It all depends on whether you prefer to have room between you and your neighbors, no kissing lanais, etc. which is why I would never live in a patio villa.
Old 03-10-2021, 06:38 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,142 Times in 883 Posts

Cul-de-sac. More privacy, less traffic noise.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:11 AM

Have both and am happy, as is the pooch, coming from 2+ acres up north.
Old 03-10-2021, 07:52 AM
Default Lot Choice

Quote:

We used to live on a cul-de-sac the wider back yard was nice. One issue was backing our boat into the driveway. Since we kept out boat a cul-de-sac was not on our list for our new place. If I only had 2 choices I would have to chose a corner lot over the cul-de-sac. Biggest issue for me with a corner is the easements along the roadways. No you have 2 sides of the lot that are unusable due to the depth of the easements.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:05 AM

Your big beautiful corner lot looks just as nice to me as it does to you. You maintain the land pay a higher bond , I think , and higher taxes and I get to enjoy it. I live on a cul-de-sac, my neighbor has a big yard and he maintains it well. I enjoy it just as much as he does.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:06 AM

As we searched for our home, we actually had a similar decision to make. We did settle on a corner lot and are very happy. It felt less “confining” having a house on only one side and landscaping has provided plenty of privacy. It also has allowed us the opportunity for expansion. Just be sure you understand the setbacks if you plan to expand or build a pool. We have lots of dog walkers and that has not been an issue at all here. But how can you go wrong? Cul-de-sacs are awesome too.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:11 AM

We are in a cul de sac in a bigger home and love it. We are set back in with a wall behind us.It creates a great deal of privacy.
We added a pool with cage and could not be more content. We looked for a year to find what we wanted. Well worth it!!
Old 03-10-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I live on a cup-de-sec and although my front yard is not hugh, my back yard and side yards are very large. The problem I see on a corner lot is that some people think it is a dog park. Good luck on your choice.
We live on a corner lot and have never had it used as a dog park.
Old 03-10-2021, 08:27 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
I live on a cup-de-sec and although my front yard is not hugh, my back yard and side yards are very large. The problem I see on a corner lot is that some people think it is a dog park. Good luck on your choice.
I dont know where you live but Ive had a corner lot and cul de sac. Prefer the culde sac. But never had anyone use my corner lot for their dog. Maybe you had some rude neighbors who didnt know how to live in a civilized society.
Old 03-10-2021, 09:26 AM
Default Cul-de-sac vs Corner

Rule now is 2 ft. not 5 ft. I have seen some corner lots with concrete wall hiding a pool. (See corner at St. and Bailey Trail).
Old 03-10-2021, 09:47 AM

Cul de Sak, more privacy, much less landscaping and everyone walking, diving or biking isn’t passing you home, nor are they walking their dogs to your yard.
Closed Thread

Tags
lot, cul-de-sac, corner, home, prefer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.