Direct TV & Comcast Internet

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Default Direct TV & Comcast Internet

I bought a home in Duval, and the previous user had Direct TV so I still have the antenna in the yard. I want to use Comcast HS Internet which is connected to the same in-house cable that Direct TV would be connected to. So, my question is, is there any way to have Direct TV and Comcast Internet?
Thanks, Bill from Duval & MA
Old 09-30-2009, 06:16 PM
Gold member

Yes, that's what I have. All of the rooms' cable feeds are at a junction box outside the house. You can chosse one of the feed for Comcast and use the other's for TV. If you want to have internet and TV in the same room, that might require them running a new cable to that room.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:49 AM

Same set-up as we have. Comcast and Dish Network.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:14 AM
anyexit

We have the Directv and use Verizon Wireless Broadband with our laptop. It sure is handy for when we travel. It's a little pricey for when we here for 8 months. I'm curious what the Comcast HS Internet costs. Can it be put on vacation and is there a charge for that? Would anyone mind sharing that information if you have it?
Old 10-03-2009, 02:46 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
Yes, that's what I have. All of the rooms' cable feeds are at a junction box outside the house. You can chosse one of the feed for Comcast and use the other's for TV. If you want to have internet and TV in the same room, that might require them running a new cable to that room.
Same as NJBlue we haveboth comcast for internet and DirectTV for Television. I'm not sure what we pay though.
I have the internet connected to a wireless router and use wireless to allow the laptops to be used anywhere in the house.
Old 10-04-2009, 09:41 AM

We just bought a house in St Charles, it will be finished on Nov 6th! We plan on having Direct TV and Comcast internet and have also been told no problem. I have the same question as a previous post, can the comcast internet be put in vacation mode and how much is the price reduced?
Old 10-04-2009, 09:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJblue View Post
If you want to have internet and TV in the same room, that might require them running a new cable to that room.
Not really a problem there. Just pick an area with a connection that won't have a TV on it and set up a wireless router there. Then you will have internet anywhere you want it including any room with a TV connection.
Old 10-22-2009, 07:47 PM
Default DirecTV and Internet

Has anyone tried utilizing Directv's internet access functionality? on their website they have a link stating they support it thru some trusted third party vendors - embarq being one. Looking for Directv as opposed to Cable Comcast, but looking to 'bundle' it also, to save some expense.

A previous post mentioned Verizons Mobile Broadband... anyone know the cost of that per month?

If all else fails it looks like a Directv and comcast internet setup!
Old 10-22-2009, 09:11 PM
Sage
Location: Summer at the Jersey Shore, Fall in New England [Maine], Winter in TV!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripwho View Post
Has anyone tried utilizing Directv's internet access functionality? on their website they have a link stating they support it thru some trusted third party vendors - embarq being one. Looking for Directv as opposed to Cable Comcast, but looking to 'bundle' it also, to save some expense.

A previous post mentioned Verizons Mobile Broadband... anyone know the cost of that per month?

If all else fails it looks like a Directv and comcast internet setup!
There are 2 different mobile setups for verizon and a 3rd that just lets you connect your verizon mobile phone to your computer with a usb cable - no real streaming apps with this option. I suggest it would be best to speak with a verizon rep in their store. Cost for the mobile bb service is around $59/month I think.

Old 10-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Default Directv Satellite Internet??

Any of you Directv subscribers persue and/or use their 'WildBlue' satellite internet access product? I'm on their website and see it offered...thanks
Old 10-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Gold member

You don't want to use any Satellite Internet option unless your only alternative is dial-up, or you are in Alaska or live on an island and don't even have a land line.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:51 PM
Default very true

everything from the prior post is correct. I was a former manager for direct tv. If you choose to have internet and direct tv in the same room a additional line will need to added. I would suggest having this done threw comcast, and not prior to the directv install.
Old 10-27-2009, 01:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I have comcast triple play and the total bill is $85/month, and that includes 6 HBO channels, one bill, lots of TV stations including VNN and the golf channel, HS internet and local phone service that I can use to call 800 numbers so I don't have to burn cell minutes, no muss no fuss....GN
Old 11-19-2009, 12:02 PM
Location: formerly Logan, and Charleston, WV Currently The Village of Pennecamp

Comcast quoted me a price of $59.95 a month for internet only plus a $99 install and set up fee. Seems pricey but I wanted Direct TV for the sports packages and don't need a landline phone.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:46 PM
Sage
Default That is a great deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnut View Post
I have comcast triple play and the total bill is $85/month, and that includes 6 HBO channels, one bill, lots of TV stations including VNN and the golf channel, HS internet and local phone service that I can use to call 800 numbers so I don't have to burn cell minutes, no muss no fuss....GN
Darn that is a good deal, I missed that one when I orignally signed up.

I have no interesting content to add to the thread but just had to say.... and then and finally
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.