DirecTV/Comcast Reception

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Default DirecTV/Comcast Reception

Trying to decide which TV/Internet service to install. Read the threads about DirecTv vs Comcast cable but wonder what feature makes the DirecTV option more favorable. Do you experience reception outages due to weather conditions with DirecTV? How's the reception with Comcast, and are there outages with Comcast?

Regarding the Internet, I was told there are 1MG, 6MG and 8MG download speeds--all classified as high-speed. I believe they quoted prices around 19.99, 42.95 and 54.99. Does anyone have the 1MG speed, and how "fast" is the download at that speed?

I was told to add phone service (Comcast) separately as it was cheaper that getting it all done at once.

If you just bought a new house, what would you do?
Old 11-20-2009, 08:08 PM
Veteran member

I have had DirecTV in WISC & here in TV. Less outages here.
Maybe 3-4 per year for 'minutes'.
I use Embarq DSL hi speed. - no problems
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, scotch in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.