Dish Network VS. Comcast

Closed Thread
Old 08-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Sage
Default Dish Network VS. Comcast

Hi all:
We've been residing in Hadley on Dunkirk Trail for about 3 months now. We have a HD TV and Comcast. We have a HD DVR and it works sporatically. It is the fourth one we have had now and none of them work properly. We're thinking of changing over to Dish Network, but would love to hear pros and cons of both. Can you help?

Thanks!

Judy :dontknow:
Old 08-12-2008, 02:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Re: Dish Network VS. Comcast

I have the very same question. I am told since we are snowbirds that if we get DISH in both places, we turn it off one place when we go to the other. One bill. It SEEMS O.K. but what do you think?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Sage

We had Comcast both in Illinois and when we first moved here 9 mos. ago. We have now changed to Direct TV (not Dish Net through Embarqu) I can't say enough about Direct TV. The reception is beautiful. More HD channels than Comcast. You can use a real HDMI cable and with the Comcast boxes you can't. They say you can, but trust me you can't get a box from them that does. We tried several times.

Also, we've had some bad storms here and it just went out once for about 5 mins. And that was a really big storm.

Their installers can make you a little crazy. Tech support has been adequate. But now that we understand everything, it's really, really terrific! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

**Just don't confuse them with Dishnet because our neighbors have great trouble with them.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,555 Times in 1,929 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by chelsea24
We had Comcast both in Illinois and when we first moved here 9 mos. ago. We have now changed to Direct TV (not Dish Net through Embarqu) I can't say enough about Direct TV. The reception is beautiful. More HD channels than Comcast. You can use a real HDMI cable and with the Comcast boxes you can't. They say you can, but trust me you can't get a box from them that does. We tried several times.

Also, we've had some bad storms here and it just went out once for about 5 mins. And that was a really big storm.

Their installers can make you a little crazy. Tech support has been adequate. But now that we understand everything, it's really, really terrific! :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

**Just don't confuse them with Dishnet because our neighbors have great trouble with them.
Great help. I have copied this and sent it on to Sweetie who is in charge of all Tech issues in this family. I am in charge of..............now let me think, It will come to me.
Old 08-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Sage

Thanks for the info on Direct TV. I didn't know about that company. One more question. How do you get your dsl internet connection? Does Direct TV offer that as well?

Thanks so much!

Judy
Old 08-12-2008, 04:29 PM

We use Direct TV for the reasons mentioned above. Additionally, when we travel in our RV, we take two receivers with us it works fine in our RV no matter where we are. When we still had a place up North the same applied, take as many receivers with us as we needed and it worked great there. For Internet, we use a Sprint aircard which works well on the road and in our home. I think you can get just the internet service from comcast if you switched to Dish or Direct TV.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.