Advice

Closed Thread
Old 05-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Default Advice

Hello!! I am 46yrs old and thinking about moving to the villages - I will need to work fulltime (I am in the medical field) I have visited the villages many times and loved it each time - although not crazy about the outskirts - I'm just looking for people my age that work full time and live in the villages and hear all the positives and negatives about moving. Thank you in advance
Old 05-29-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coralblue15 View Post
Hello!! I am 46yrs old and thinking about moving to the villages - I will need to work fulltime (I am in the medical field) I have visited the villages many times and loved it each time - although not crazy about the outskirts - I'm just looking for people my age that work full time and live in the villages and hear all the positives and negatives about moving. Thank you in advance
Hi - I have the main part of what you would like. I am a younger resident of the Villages, 39, and rather new...been here since last December. I came from northern CA (Bay Area), my mom has lived here with her husband for 3 years and loves it. I must admit, I am not working - I am disabled with seizures and had to stop 3 years ago. It was good, but also got quite boring. Never thought you would miss work, believe me, it happens. I needed some activity besides sitting in front of the TV. So, mom talked me into moving. It was a bit of culture shock, so big and yet so "small town" feel. Mom told me about the newspaper and how all the clubs and activities there were. OMG! any hobby you have - literally - there is a club for it or something similar. From sports to art to math....anything! I have always been an artist and loved Theater. There are probably 10 theater companies or clubs in the villages and I just got cast in one of the "Big Name" club performances - Man of La Mancha! So excited!

So, how is it being a younger resident? It's a bit weird, but you never feel alone since there are so many people our age or younger working everywhere. I thought I would stick out, but not really. Everyone is very nice and they know there are a small percent of the younger residents...I guess someone sued many years ago that the age thing was discrimination, so they now allow up to 10% younger people. Incredibly safe - people have their golf clubs hanging out in golf cart while they go grocery shopping - easily stolen - and never happens. I even tested it one day with my groceries in my golf cart - 40 minutes later - still inside and not touched! amazing!!
I look forward to meeting ya! here is my email - floodcolleen@gmail.com
Old 05-29-2015, 10:14 PM

First let me congratulate you on being cast in Man of La Mancha!!!! Thank you for your answer - so nice to hear all positive!!! I will definitely be in contact with you!! Thank you again
Old 05-29-2015, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
First let me congratulate you on being cast in Man of La Mancha!!!! Thank you for your answer - so nice to hear all positive!!! I will definitely be in contact with you!! Thank you again
Well that problem is solved.
Old 05-29-2015, 10:58 PM
Gold member

Quote:
You could look for a home in one of The Villages family neighborhoods, linked at the charter schools' employment page and here, below. These neighborhoods are built by TV but the difference is children under age 19 are allowed in them. People working here live there. In these neighborhoods you'd have neighbors you're same age or life stage. They don't have all the amenities we do as TV residents, but you'd be in TV with all there is to do in the community overall.

At this link, check out the three main areas linked in boxes under the main heading. Oxford Oaks is new on gorgeous land off 301 and south of 466. It's "on the border" of TV.

The Villages - Florida's premier active adult retirement community. Search Resale Homes
Old 05-30-2015, 07:00 AM

I am 46 and bought my house here last year. I also work in The Villages. I don't have children so I don't have to live in the family neighborhoods. For the most part, no one has a problem with me living here. I have only come across a few people saying that I am to young & don't belong here.
I haven't really found any negatives of moving here.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.