Donate or give away furniture

Closed Thread
Old 07-05-2021, 03:19 PM
Default Donate or give away furniture

I'm scheduled to close on a house in TV Jul 20. There is furniture (two sofas, large bed) that conveys with the property that I'd like to donate or get rid of, even give away. My problem is my timeline: I won't arrive until the 23rd, the painters will be there all day the 24th (Sat), and the folks to seal the garage floor will be there the 26th. So the spare sofa in the garage has to be out of there by the 26th. The rest of our furniture arrives the 29th, so the bed has to be gone by then.
I'd like to donate these, but am not sure who will pick up large furniture items like sofas and beds. (My wife won't drive hauling a uhaul, and I don't drive.)
Alternately, anyone that wants it can come by and pick it up, just bring a uhaul and load it. It's free if you can move it.

Larry
Old 07-05-2021, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker59 View Post
I'm scheduled to close on a house in TV Jul 20. There is furniture (two sofas, large bed) that conveys with the property that I'd like to donate or get rid of, even give away. My problem is my timeline: I won't arrive until the 23rd, the painters will be there all day the 24th (Sat), and the folks to seal the garage floor will be there the 26th. So the spare sofa in the garage has to be out of there by the 26th. The rest of our furniture arrives the 29th, so the bed has to be gone by then.
I'd like to donate these, but am not sure who will pick up large furniture items like sofas and beds. (My wife won't drive hauling a uhaul, and I don't drive.)
Alternately, anyone that wants it can come by and pick it up, just bring a uhaul and load it. It's free if you can move it.

Larry
You might want to contact Bargains and Treasures. They have taken some things we wanted to get rid of on consignment and gave us back some money. Note that they only take things that are not beat up or down at the heels.
Old 07-05-2021, 04:01 PM

You can call Habitat Pickup at (352) 589-3005.
Average minds discuss events.
Small minds discuss people.

Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-05-2021, 04:08 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Facebook post should get rid of it quickly
Old 07-05-2021, 04:22 PM

First Baptist Leesburg has a truck that will pickup.
Old 07-05-2021, 05:44 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

St. Vincent DePaul?
Old 07-05-2021, 06:05 PM

BARGAINS AND BLESSINGS IN WILDWOOD They will pick up
Old 07-06-2021, 05:19 AM
Default donations

Quote:

Larry
bargains and blessings on 301 on wildwood. run by a church and they will pick up.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:21 AM

Restoring Hope Thrift Shop (Combat Veterans to Careers). Proceeds help our returning veterans (352) 748-1855
Old 07-06-2021, 06:21 AM
Default Donating furniture

Quote:

Larry
First Baptist Thrift Store on 441 will pick up furniture and the proceeds go to support a men’s addiction support house, a women’s addiction support house, a homeless family shelter, a food pantry, a medical clinic for those with no other medical options and a crisis pregnancy center. It’s a very worthwhile cause.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

You might want to look into the timeline to replace with new. Our’s was turnkey,
New mattresses/Frances were fast - a week
Other furniture was months. So we kept the ugly couch and some other stuff until new arrived.
Old 07-06-2021, 06:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
You might want to look into the timeline to replace with new. Our’s was turnkey,
New mattresses/Frances were fast - a week
Other furniture was months. So we kept the ugly couch and some other stuff until new arrived.
Good advice.

We just bought new living room furniture. Due to supply line problems, delivery is 18 weeks out. And this was made by a large furniture manufacturer. The problem, believe it or not, is obtaining foam rubber from China. Other manufacturers are 24 weeks out.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

Quote:

Larry
The term is broom clean. The seller cannot leave their old furniture unless the buyer agrees in writing, in the contract, that they want it.

I think the Baptist Thrift Store off Citizens Blvd will send their truck out to pick it up n/c to you.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:20 AM

We were pleased with this organization’s service. Called, sent pics, set up appointment & they can & did all the work.

Donations - First Baptist Church of Leesburg Thrift Store
Old 07-06-2021, 07:42 AM

The Sheriffs Ranch in Leesburg they pickup
Closed Thread

Tags
furniture, donate, drive, uhaul, pick

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.