Don't wait to long...

Closed Thread
Old 01-17-2013, 05:04 PM
Default Don't wait to long...

I guess this will be our introduction post. We're Bob and Janie from NW Ohio. We have been retired for almost 14 years, now (retired early at age 53 and 46). We were in the Fort Lauderdale area when we retired. It's a long story, but we ended back in our hometown almost 8 years ago. For the past 3 years we have talked about coming back to FL and being in TV. We have been to TV many times and have decided that is where we want to "settle down". We will be putting our home on the market in early Spring and go from there.

I wanted to post an intro, not so much to let everyone know about us, but to tell everyone that keeps thinking about making the move, to JUST DO IT.

Our plans were to spend the rest of our lives in TV, enjoying the good life. I have read each and every thread for the last 2 years. I see discussions about when to move, should I move, etc. I say, if you want to, then do it.

The reason I say this, is that Janie was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer about a year ago. This means that we should have made our decission sooner, not just think about it.

We're still going ahead with our plans. The only problem is that it might just be me that make the move.

I don't want this to be a sad discussion. My only point is that I don't want people to over-think their move.

I hope my rambling makes sence. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post information, of all types, that makes coming to TV easier for all.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
Gold member

Sorry to hear of your predicament. I hope everything works out for you.

I have had to cancel two LSV's due to my wife being diagnosed with cancer. Not cancelling because of the disease but the various treatments and the timing involved. Actually we were supposed to be there next Tuesday (1/22) Now we are looking at either April or May.

For us, fortunately, things seem to look good. My wife is excited about coming up there and more than likely moving there - based on everything we have read about TV.

All I can say is that I sincerely hope everything works out for you.

I'm sure it will.
Old 01-17-2013, 05:41 PM
Sage

As ugotme already said, I hope things work out for you also, 40chevyguy. You make a good point about not waiting.

And welcome to TOTV!!

Bill
Old 01-17-2013, 05:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Welcome friend. There is ALWAYS room for more people from Ohio.

I understand just what you are saying. Hurry home to us.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:39 PM
Sage

to TOTV.

I agree that we all should have found TV earilier and moved A.S.A.P.

I hope everything goes well in the move to TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-17-2013, 07:24 PM
Platinum member

And all the rest of us, maybe watching Sumter sunsets, should just be counting our blessings.
Old 01-17-2013, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijusluvit View Post
And all the rest of us, maybe watching Sumter sunsets, should just be counting our blessings.
You and Gracie make all who are thinking about moving here welcome and appreciative of what we have here. We have only been here full-time (frogs) since December 20th and are grateful for every day. My 92 year old mother also moved with us and this move has also been very good for her.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:54 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

As the great Zig Ziglar said: "It is never the wrong time to do the right thing".
Old 01-17-2013, 10:39 PM

When I was diagnosed with stage I-B lung cancer about two years ago, I startedto think about moving to TV. Then, about a year later, a recurrence of the cancer put me at stage III-A, I decided to retire from my job and focus my attention on overcoming my disease and moving to a place where I can enjoy whatever years I have left. I could stay where I am and probably find some joy in life but I really want to push it to the limit. That's why I'm hoping to move to TV within the next few months.

I'm with you on your journey and I hope that we'll meet and enjoy life in The Villages for whatever time we have left, Bob and Janie.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

[QUOTE=eweissenbach;610948]As the great Zig Ziglar said: "It is never the wrong time to do the right thing".[/QUOTE

Hey! I love that! Thank you for that sentiment, Coach Ed.

And 40 Chevy, we have a powerful prayer group here on this forum, and I know you and your wife will be on it. Starting now. Blessings to you.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

OP good luck to you and wife. You make a very good case for accomplishing the "bucket list" while we still have the time and health to "just do it.". Thanks for the reminder!
Old 01-18-2013, 12:15 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40chevyguy View Post
I guess this will be our introduction post. We're Bob and Janie from NW Ohio. We have been retired for almost 14 years, now (retired early at age 53 and 46). We were in the Fort Lauderdale area when we retired. It's a long story, but we ended back in our hometown almost 8 years ago. For the past 3 years we have talked about coming back to FL and being in TV. We have been to TV many times and have decided that is where we want to "settle down". We will be putting our home on the market in early Spring and go from there.

I wanted to post an intro, not so much to let everyone know about us, but to tell everyone that keeps thinking about making the move, to JUST DO IT.

Our plans were to spend the rest of our lives in TV, enjoying the good life. I have read each and every thread for the last 2 years. I see discussions about when to move, should I move, etc. I say, if you want to, then do it.

The reason I say this, is that Janie was diagnosed with stage IV lung cancer about a year ago. This means that we should have made our decission sooner, not just think about it.

We're still going ahead with our plans. The only problem is that it might just be me that make the move.

I don't want this to be a sad discussion. My only point is that I don't want people to over-think their move.

I hope my rambling makes sence. Thanks to everyone who has taken the time to post information, of all types, that makes coming to TV easier for all.
Bob ... Bravely written! A long life isn't promised to any of us, so let's live each day to the fullest.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

I known people who have waited and moved here alone to continue on with their dream and are very happy...but you need to find out does your health care cover you here and where can you get the best care and do you need family to help you with through this difficult time. Best of luck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.