Exploring The Villages

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2014, 05:57 PM
Default Exploring The Villages

Hi, we are comming back to the villages this July. We are renting a house in Summerhill in the village of Amelia (I think) We will be staying for a whole month. We don't drive so we will be going everywhere by golfcart or bike. We were looking at the villages map trying to find out how to get to Lake Sumpter Landing or downtown spainish springs. Anyone have any ideas on how to get there? Hopefully we can find a house to buy once we sell ours. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks
Old 05-13-2014, 06:27 PM

Here you go: Carting The Villages -Home. They also sell hard copies of these maps at all Walgreens in The Villages as well as other places. If you have a smart phone with Google Maps just set the "mode of travel" to bicycle and it will show you the map of all the golf cart paths/multi-modal lanes.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:27 PM

From Amelia, going to Lake Sumter Landing is quite easy. You need to get a golf cart map. Also as you ride along the golf cart trails, everyone is very happy to help you get where you are going. At least whenever we first visited here when looking for a house, we would stop on the side & be looking at our map...and sure enough, people stopped and helped every time. Also...from Amelia, going to Spanish Springs is another story. Not quite so easy. So don't do it until you get a good idea of driving around here. Going to Brownwood will be a nice, safe ride from Amelia. Some nice restaurants and shops there. Soon there will be more. Can't wait for all the new stuff going in.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:37 PM
Gold member

Going to Spanish Springs from Amelia is not a problem at all. Going anywhere and everywhere by golf cart is very easy. As others have said, get a map, pull it out and someone will help you.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:50 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Not sure if you're staying in the Village of Summerhill or Amelia -- big difference in how to get to either. If Amelia, going up O'Dell Circle and cutting through Winn-Dixie parking lot is best route to go. If Summerhill, go through the Village of Belvedere and travel south on Buena Vista.

I agree that Spanish Springs should wait until you're comfortable driving a cart or bicycling through TV from Amelia. However, if you're staying in Summerhill, it is pretty easy. (I'll skip the shortcuts.) Just ride over to Polo Ridge, go north on Buena Vista to El Camino. Go east on El Camino to Paige. Turn right on Main Street and you're there. :-)

Brownwood would be a very long ride from Summerhill (but pretty most of the way); a nice jaunt from Amelia.

Getting the golf cart map is a good idea. So is setting up your GPS for bicycle mode and going that route. Of course, you can always just meander in your golf cart; stop if you get lost and someone will help you out.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 05-13-2014, 09:17 PM
Default Map

Just go by any sales office in TV and buy a map of this place for $5.00.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:36 PM
Sage

If you're in Summerhill...that would be the Amelia Villas and NOT the Village of Amelia. These are 2 different places. That said you, from Summerhill you're behind Southern Trace shopping center so you're fairly much in the middle but north of 466. Probably 15 minute to SS, 15 to 20 minutes to LSL and 45 to BPS. Get a map of The Villages at the sales office when you get here as it's an invaluable tool.
Old 05-14-2014, 12:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeZ 18 View Post
Hi, we are comming back to the villages this July. We are renting a house in Summerhill in the village of Amelia (I think) We will be staying for a whole month. We don't drive so we will be going everywhere by golfcart or bike. We were looking at the villages map trying to find out how to get to Lake Sumpter Landing or downtown spainish springs. Anyone have any ideas on how to get there? Hopefully we can find a house to buy once we sell ours. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks
If you don't have a map, call the sales office and buy yourself a couple of maps. I found studying the maps, will save one, a lot of grief, as TV is a big place, to get around. Not everything is a hop skip and jump away.

I think your average trip is 20 minutes. Or about 35 minutes in a golf cart from Amelia to SS.

BTW - Ther is no pee in Lake Sumter.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 05-14-2014, 05:54 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherzberg View Post
Here you go: Carting The Villages -Home. They also sell hard copies of these maps at all Walgreens in The Villages as well as other places. If you have a smart phone with Google Maps just set the "mode of travel" to bicycle and it will show you the map of all the golf cart paths/multi-modal lanes.
Great tip! Thank you!
Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

no worries if you get lost someone will stop to help you out
Old 05-14-2014, 12:57 PM
Sage
Default Summerhill - so convenient

moez -- Just wanted to say The Village of Summerhill is so convenient for grocery shopping and restaurants. I rented in Summerhill two years ago, and I could get to Publix for grocery shopping in the golf cart in less than 5 minutes. Hope you enjoy your visit to The Villages!
Old 05-18-2014, 05:04 PM
Smile Hi from fellow Summerhill residents!!

We live in Summerhill and would love to get together with you, you can follow us in the golf cart to one of the squares. we picked up a map from Walgreens, for golf cart trails. We now know our way around pretty good, it took us awhile though!
Old 05-21-2014, 05:44 PM

When we were in TV a couple of weeks ago people were very helpful when we got lost. We were renting golf clubs but playing golf at a different course and we did a dry run the night before so we would know how long it would take and we did get lost. A man stopped and asked where we were going and told us to follow him. We didn't get lost as our visit went on and then sadly it was time to return home. My heart is in TV and I am hoping we will be back real soon. I love the place. We did have several maps which helped out a lot.
Old 05-21-2014, 06:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts
Default Maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeZ 18 View Post

Maybe The Villas of Amelia in The Village of Summerhill.

Off of Woodridge Drive behind New Covenant Methodist Church Near C.R.101
Old 05-22-2014, 05:01 AM
Default very helpful

Quote:
Originally Posted by mherzberg View Post
this post helped a lot thank you

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.