Extra fees

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2012, 03:41 PM
Default Extra fees

Hi Future Neighbors, We had a delightful week during our "Try it, you'll like it" visit. We are listing our home just south in Winter Park and have our fingers crossed that there is someone out there who wants to live in Winter Park instead of The Villages.
My question probably has been asked a million times before...I know what the amenities fee and the bonds are. My question is about the CDD fee once the developer has finished and has turned the operation of TV over to private concerns. I heard that since TV is in three counties, there will not be a county governing body, but instead an outside manager will be hired. My concern is that the CDD fee may spiral upwards at that time. Does anyone have any info about the future governing of TV and the future cost of the CDD after the developer has finished? Thanks so much for your help.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:09 PM
Veteran member

When you buy a home in TV you sign a contract to pay the ammenity fee and the developer signs a contract to supply the ammenities. These fees are raised each year based on the CPI. The Village Center CDD owns all the ammenities north of 466 and collects all the ammenities fees and supplies the ammenities. , and is doing a wonderful job. Eventually the rest of the ammenities will be owned by the Sumter Landing CDD. You will live in a numbered CDD (1-10) and will pay a maintenance fee to that CDD each year. That fee is to maintain your CDD's landscaping, street lights, and retention ponds. There may be some other maintenance items but as I understand it those are the big ones. That fee can go up or down each year. You will vote for representatives of the numbered CDD where you live. The reps will live in your CDD. They control how the money is spent.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:58 AM

what are average, current CDD fees?
Old 03-29-2012, 09:09 AM

The maintenance fees vary by where you live.

The VCDD customer service center can give you all that information.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreGal View Post
what are average, current CDD fees?
I think they are all below $1000.00/yr. To find out more about CDDs go to Village Community Development Districts The FAQ section has many answers.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:23 AM
Default thanks!

Thanks for the information.
Old 03-29-2012, 04:38 PM
Veteran member

Old 03-31-2012, 02:45 PM
Platinum member

BmoreGal:

The monthly amenity fee is essentially $135 per home per month, adjusted locally for CPI (Consumer Price Index) once a year.

There's also an annual Maintenance Fee included in your Property Tax Bill. Mine at the end of 2011 was less than $700 but more than $600 - that's per year!

Add them together, and you're talking some $2,200-plus ANNUALLY for the outstanding amenities offered here in The Villages.

Come join us!

SWR
Old 03-31-2012, 03:55 PM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
BmoreGal:

The monthly amenity fee is essentially $135 per home per month, adjusted locally for CPI (Consumer Price Index) once a year.

There's also an annual Maintenance Fee included in your Property Tax Bill. Mine at the end of 2011 was less than $700 but more than $600 - that's per year!

Add them together, and you're talking some $2,200-plus ANNUALLY for the outstanding amenities offered here in The Villages.

Come join us!

SWR
Please do not confuse amenity fees with maintenance fees. They are different. The amenity fees are to support the recreation aspects of TV. The maintenance fees are to support the infrastructure.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 04-01-2012, 01:19 PM
Platinum member

z:

Agreed, agreed. But, folks need to know what sort of money they'll be laying out! Did not intend to confuse anyone, let alone a long-time TOTV-er such as you!

SWR
Old 04-01-2012, 02:05 PM
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by swrinfla View Post
BmoreGal:

Come join us!

SWR

seems like a very reasonable fee, especially coming from maryland.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.