Flooring Questions in a Designer Lily home...

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2013, 09:50 AM
Default Flooring Questions in a Designer Lily home...

we have yet to go to our designer meeting which is due at end of July this year. I have two questions...

1. Do they (the Design people) carry a ceramic tile that looks like imitation wood planks?*

2. If so, can you have multiple types of ceramic tile as an option from the design people - i.e. - front bedroom in lily in ceramic wood imitation tiles, while remainder of other rooms (living, dining,kitchen, foyer, and baths) in a standard design square tiles?

* do not want real wood or engineer wood.
Originally from Maine & Virginia
Old 06-03-2013, 07:23 AM

We just did our design appointment and they do not carry the tile that looks like wood. we are having it put in as soon as we close as we love the look and much easier to maintain. Also not as expensive. We are moving into Pinellis in August.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:57 AM

the best thing you should do is get the basic flooring, vinyl, and then after closing pick the wood tile flooring you like and have it installed. I had that wood tile when I lived in Sarasota, FL and loved loved loved it. You are very limited on the tile selections and you will find add-ons at design appointment time are expensive. Just like a deco glass front door. Just get the solid door, and after closing you pick out your deco glass and they install it in your door and you will be surprised at the savings, newspaper full of contractors that do this work. When you buy the first one you think you have to make all these decisions at design, but there are substantial savings when you contract for them yourself after closing.
Old 06-03-2013, 08:30 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Design is constantly changing---this past winter they put the tile you are talking about in a couple of "spec" homes in Fernandiana we saw with some friends who were in TV looking. At first we thought it was was laminate or wood until we looked at it a it closer. As mentioned, it is less costly to put vinyl and or carpet in and change it out after closing. It all depends on how much "mess" you want to deal with later and we found some of the savings so little that it wasn't worth the effort. The upgraded door after closing is worth the effort and can be done in a very short time with little effort or mess.
Old 06-03-2013, 09:14 AM

thanks all that replied -- perhaps after market is what I should be looking for... thanks again..
Originally from Maine & Virginia
Old 06-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Investment Painting Contractors Investment Painting Contractors is offline
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Flooring

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123Cookie View Post
thanks all that replied -- perhaps after market is what I should be looking for... thanks again..
Have the builder leave the floors bare. Ask for a credit and use this towards the floors you want. There are many tile contractors listed on talk of the villages. I hope this helps. GOOD LUCK
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.