Forum newbies

Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Default Forum newbies

While my back feels 55-plus at times, my wife and I aren't quite there yet chronologically. We are intrigued by the community (I'm even looking into a job opportunity) and hope to learn some inside information before we would make any move. Thanks for having us.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
While my back feels 55-plus at times, my wife and I aren't quite there yet chronologically. We are intrigued by the community (I'm even looking into a job opportunity) and hope to learn some inside information before we would make any move. Thanks for having us.
Living -- Welcome to TOTV from an over 50, under 55 wannabee. This forum has a wealth of information about moving to and living in The Villages. Read and post questions and you will learn a lot about The Villages. And some days my back also feels way over 55!
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLikeAGradStudent View Post
You can search any topic by hitting "search" in the blue banner above. Just type in a topic and you'll see many, many threads.

Welcome, and have fun!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:13 AM
Sage

to TOTV.

A lot of smart members are on this forum. It is very addictive and you learn a lot about TV.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 AM

I am actually under 50 (will be 50 in September) and my husband is almost 55 and we have already made the decision to move there (design meeting in mid-September). Granted, both sets of our parents live there which made the decision to take the plunge a little easier.

I, too, will be looking for a job (husband will continue to commute every week like he has been) as I will still have to work. I am wondering how many people who live in The Villages are still working...

The way that we view it: we know we want to live there no matter what. All the "propaganda" says The Villages will be built out in 2 years...why not go ahead and build the house WE want on the lot that WE want? Plus, with no state income tax, we can fly our kids (still in college) there for school breaks and summer!

Good luck with your decision...and as another poster said: you will find a wealth of information on this site.
Old 07-20-2012, 08:25 AM
Gold member

Moved here a month ago and am 58.
Lots of us youngsters here.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

59 and have a house for part time and our parents to use. looking for preowned for our full time home, we can work when we come down full time but not sure we want to

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.