This forum is restricted to new threads by members with 10 posts or less.

Closed Thread
Old 08-27-2010, 06:30 PM
Sage

Welcome to Talk of the Villages (TOTV) soccer. What brings you here? Tell us something about yourself, ask questions or add comments. Either way, pull up a chair and sit a spell.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:35 PM
Sage

Hi Soccer,
Thanks for joining us. What's on your mind?
Old 09-25-2010, 04:19 AM
Default Considering Moving to The Villages

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talk Host View Post
If you have over 10 posts to your name, please do not start a new thread here, use the other forums.

Thanks
The Administrators
We are considering moving to the Villages. We are planning our site seeing of the area in October. I wold like to hear from people regarding the pros and cons of The Villages. If anyone has any please let us know. Thanks
Old 09-25-2010, 05:47 AM
Default Reply

Ok, I think I am starting to understand.
Old 09-25-2010, 06:30 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robhall View Post
Ok, I think I am starting to understand.
Welcome Rob. Hope you enjoy this site. Please tell us what you are starting to understand. You will find a lot of nice people who are interested in what you have to say.

Have a chair. Where are you from?

I am Gracie. I am from Ohio.
Old 09-25-2010, 09:31 AM
Default Closing costs

I saw on another thread some estimates of closing costs on a new home in TV.
It showed impact fees of about 10K. Is that correct? I thought those fees were included in the price of the home and lot. Trying to decide between new and resale and that certainly would effect my decision. Your help is appreciated.
Old 09-25-2010, 11:10 AM
Sage

The closing costs are only if you have a loan and that depends from whom you get the loan and the kind of loan it is.

The homes have a bond. The news ones have a full bond and the resales have bonds that are paid down some or paid off. Be sure to ask about that. The bonds are different costs depending on what kind of house.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:02 PM

I am trying to find the name and phone number to schedule a visit to VT. Does this limit my purchase of a pre-owened property by staying at VT? (first post do please forgive if not in the correct area)
Old 12-15-2010, 12:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by srob004 View Post
I am trying to find the name and phone number to schedule a visit to VT. Does this limit my purchase of a pre-owened property by staying at VT? (first post do please forgive if not in the correct area)
You did fine posting in this forum. Welcome to TOTV!!

Did you mean that you want to schedule a visit to TV (The Villages)? If so, you can call 1-800-346-4556. Staying in TV on a Lifestyle Preview is a wonderful way to see what TV has to offer. No, you are not limited to new or pre-owned. If you have your TV sales person show you homes in TV he/she will show you only new homes or pre-owned homes listed for sale by TV. To see homes listed on the MLS, you would need to contact an MLS Realtor.

On one of our Lifestyle visits, we used both a TV sales agent and an MLS Realtor. We ultimately purchased a resale listed on the MLS.

Last edited by Pturner; 12-15-2010 at 01:38 PM.
Old 12-15-2010, 12:48 PM

couple of more question please. I just tried to schedule a visit to the villages but was told the dates I and my wife can go where not available. In trying to change the dates was told I would only be able to hold another date for "one hour" while I tried to change work and look at different flights. Now to the questions:
1. Can a MLS agent get us onto The Villages to look at property if we are not staying there?
2. Can an MLS agent show us new as well as pre-owened property?

obervation---sales staff are not extremely accommodating
Old 12-15-2010, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
couple of more question please. I just tried to schedule a visit to the villages but was told the dates I and my wife can go where not available. In trying to change the dates was told I would only be able to hold another date for "one hour" while I tried to change work and look at different flights. Now to the questions:
1. Can a MLS agent get us onto The Villages to look at property if we are not staying there?

Welcome to you. I think your problem is simply this, you have chosen a time to request a lifestyle visit at the same time as many, many others and they have arranged theirs awhile back.

It just means that the accommodations that the villages offer you at a nice rate are all taken at the time you want. You can pay for your own hotel and the sales people will help you for sure.

They weren't being unfriendly. When you come you will see how busy and crowded we are here in The Villages in January, Feb and March. We are the second fastest growing small town in the U.S. I just read that right here on this forum!!

It is worth the wait. You will love it.

Kindest wishes,

Gracie
Old 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM
Default quick question on closing costs

Gracie - there are no closing costs if you don't take out a mortgage?

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The closing costs are only if you have a loan and that depends from whom you get the loan and the kind of loan it is.

The homes have a bond. The news ones have a full bond and the resales have bonds that are paid down some or paid off. Be sure to ask about that. The bonds are different costs depending on what kind of house.
Old 12-15-2010, 02:29 PM

Quote:

Only The Villages can get you in to lifestyle visits. VLS can only sell new homes. VLS and MLS don't show the same homes ( don't share listings.) MLS can only show pre-owned homes. Jan. Feb. March very full here. Many hotels here. VLS can sell pre-owned too. As of today there are 156 VLS realtors and 149 MLS realtors working in The Villages. Always many many homes for sale.

Last edited by Larry Wilson; 12-15-2010 at 02:58 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Default "wwhhooaa"

....finally, I'm in !
Old 01-07-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfDuckworth View Post
....finally, I'm in !
Well sit down and rest awhile.

Tell us why you're here.

And..Welcome!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.