Forwarding our mail to the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 03-14-2021, 12:55 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
My mail service here is the same as it has been everywhere - the local post office receives it in the morning and I have it by the afternoon.

There are a lot of postal stations, I may have one of the better delivery persons.
I'm with merrimini on this. I find the mail service to be one of the few downsides to life in TV.

kathy
Old 03-14-2021, 01:01 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joorn59 View Post
Correct. You’ll get a key to a parcel locker at your postal station
If you are lucky they will put the key in YOUR box and not someone else's (which can delay delivery to you by a day or two or three).

If you are very unlucky (as I have been on several occasions) they put the key in the box of someone who is a snowbird (currently NOT in TV) or on vacation or something. I have had to write to the mail delivery person several times to ask him/her to look around for my package that was allegedly delivered by Amazon to "MY" mailbox but wasn't there.

I am still waiting for the postal service to locate a Priority package that was listed in my daily Informed Delivery email before Christmas. No idea what it was or who sent it. All I know is I track all my packages (I buy a lot of stuff online) and that one never did show up.

YMMV.

k.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
If you are lucky they will put the key in YOUR box and not someone else's (which can delay delivery to you by a day or two or three).

If you are very unlucky (as I have been on several occasions) they put the key in the box of someone who is a snowbird (currently NOT in TV) or on vacation or something. I have had to write to the mail delivery person several times to ask him/her to look around for my package that was allegedly delivered by Amazon to "MY" mailbox but wasn't there.

I am still waiting for the postal service to locate a Priority package that was listed in my daily Informed Delivery email before Christmas. No idea what it was or who sent it. All I know is I track all my packages (I buy a lot of stuff online) and that one never did show up.

YMMV.

k.
You seem to have been blessed with an incompetent mailman/woman/person.
Old 03-14-2021, 02:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathyspear View Post
I'm with merrimini on this. I find the mail service to be one of the few downsides to life in TV.

kathy
Been here a year and find the mail service to be ok. Not the fastest but not the slowest either
Old 03-14-2021, 03:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILLAGE ALARM View Post
For those not aware you can go to USPS.com and sign up for a daily email containing a preview of the mail that will be delivered to your box that day. We find it to be very handy.
We use it too but often mail that is supposed to arrive that day will not show up till the next day.
Old 03-14-2021, 06:49 PM

Wrong
Old 03-14-2021, 06:53 PM

Mail is picked up twice daily and forwarded to Orlando. Any delays could be caused anywhere
Old 03-14-2021, 06:55 PM

If the resale is not with The Villages, then you are your own to receive the right number of keys
Old 03-15-2021, 09:42 PM

No fee for the mail box station that you get the keys for, for the house you bought. You give your physical address of your new house as your forwarding address. The keys that you are given at closing will tell you which box at the mail station is yours. No need to rent a P O Box at one of the post offices which are usually 4 + miles away.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpascani View Post
No fee for the mail box station that you get the keys for, for the house you bought. You give your physical address of your new house as your forwarding address. The keys that you are given at closing will tell you which box at the mail station is yours. No need to rent a P O Box at one of the post offices which are usually 4 + miles away.
There is a fee for getting keys and using the mail box station. Not sure how long ago it started but you do get to pay for the privilege.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdee139 View Post
You will automatically have a mail box but your mail will be addressed to your street address not your box number.
We will be coming down in April and renting until we find the perfect home. Can we have our mail forwarded to the rental address? If so, I presume the rental office will have a mail box key.
Old 03-27-2021, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimdee139 View Post
You will automatically have a mail box but your mail will be addressed to your street address not your box number.
We will be coming down in April and renting until we find the perfect home. Can we have our mail forwarded to the rental address? If so, I presume the rental office will have a mail box key.
Old 03-28-2021, 07:25 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

On and on................
Old 05-24-2021, 12:50 PM

We are closing in three days in the Village of Bonita and are being required to pay a $190.00 "Postal Station Fee". No doubt about it!
Old 05-24-2021, 01:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcgiii View Post
We rented a house for a month before moving and was told we would not have access to the mail box.

The other alternative would be to deal with something like the ups store that would rent you a box and hold your mail.

Decided it was not practical and had our mail held up north by our postman.
Closed Thread

Tags
mail, villages, forwarding, box, obtaining

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.