Gas or electric cart?

Old 05-06-2024, 09:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,237 Times in 2,817 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Worried about the gasoline mucking up the engine. Get an electric golf cart and NOT have those type of worries.
Not worried about gasoline mucking up the engine, it’s the ethanol in the gas that mucks things up. Just use ethanol free gas and will NOT have those type of worries.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:07 AM
Gold member

The big problem with electric is you might be forced to talk to your wife.. Get a gas cart so you can't hear her.
Old 05-07-2024, 12:11 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf0151 View Post
How in the heck could you have chosen that noisy gas Club Car when you could have had the Yamaha, great riding and handling QuieTech?
Agreed...Club Car and EZGO gas are stupid loud. Yamaha Quietech is the only gas cart I would even consider.
Old 05-07-2024, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Let us know how many miles you get 2-3 years from now ;1rotfl:

For the record, I'm not against electric golf carts. I've already posted my criteria for switching to them. And the main reasons are quieter and no fumes. But if anyone thinks they are "saving the planet" by going electric, well......res ipsa loquitur

Lithium batt/electric degrade is such a minor issue. The new tech is very stable and very long-lasting. Ours gets 80-100miles. And (per your comment) IF would lose 5% over 3 years (which is doubtful) that's 75-95 miles... Actually I would be thrilled with 50 miles... We never drive our cart over 25 miles in a day. Plug the cart into 100V garage outlet, into on-board charger, and in a few hours, it's 100%. Just like our EV car - always leave the garage with a 'full tank'. And virtually ZERO maintenance.

We are NOT "GREEN" in the least. The ONLY reason we decided to go batt/electric is the quiet, smoothness, no maintenance/ongoing costs, smell, etc. For us, it's perfect. To each their own....
Old 05-07-2024, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
The ONLY reason we decided to go batt/electric is the quiet, smoothness, no maintenance/ongoing costs, smell, etc. For us, it's perfect. To each their own....
don't let a naysayer get in your head, if its good for you what else matters

Tags
cart, gas, electric, main, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.