Which gas & electric companies to use

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2012, 02:32 PM
Default Which gas & electric companies to use

Hi everyone, We will be making settlement on a home in Village Santiago in May. Just wondering which are the best utility companies to use. So many questions that need to be answered.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I didn't know we had a choice.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:21 PM
Sage
SECO (Sumter Electric Co-Op) is the electric company, and TECO is the gas company. Sorry I don't have their phone numbers, but I'm sure you can get them from their websites.
Old 04-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonalddrm View Post
Hi everyone, We will be making settlement on a home in Village Santiago in May. Just wondering which are the best utility companies to use. So many questions that need to be answered.
You don't get to choose. I'm curious - have you lived somewhere that you actually got to choose your utility companies?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Talking

We get to choose up north but not in TV. Welcome
Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
You don't get to choose. I'm curious - have you lived somewhere that you actually got to choose your utility companies?
Sure! We get to choose our electric provider and landline phone provider where we're located here in OH.

Bill
Old 04-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Sage

We choose natural gas and land line provider in GA. My choice of land line is none.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM
Default Progressive Energy

Wecome to TV. We bought a home about one year ago in the Village of Santo Domingo. At that time, we learned that the only electric company offerd in our neighborhood was Progressive Energy. Our village is next to yours so I imagine you too may have to use Progressive. We are only in TV for a week every few months, but have been very pleased with the bills we have gotten from Progressive Energy. The website is : Progressive-Energy.com
Enjoy TV. Good luck!!!!!!!!
Old 04-28-2012, 07:02 AM
Default Gas and Electric - thanks

Thanks for all the info. Here in New Jersey we can choose our electric provider but not natural gas. Looking forward to all that TV has to offer. Will only be part time for a while, full time in about a year or so.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblum315 View Post
In the Chicago area, businesses and individuals have been able to choose their electrical utility company for about the past year now. ComEd was the sole supplier for many years, but now there are about 6 or 7 other companies to choose from besides ComEd. One company offered American Airlines frequent flyer miles as an incentive, but their rates were too high for me to stay with them for more than a few months. Now I am with a company that has guaranteed their rates until May, 2013, and they are quite a bit cheaper than ComEd.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 AM
Sage

[QUOTE=Bogie Shooter;485092]I didn't know we had a choice.[quote]

I didn't know we had choices either. We've been using Seco and Teco for five years.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonalddrm View Post
We had a choice here in TV and went with SECO and TECO for slightly better rates.....

"The difficult we can do immediately the impossible just takes a little longer"
Old 05-03-2012, 07:42 PM
Default Cost per kilowatt-hour?

In Texas electricity has been deregulated for many years. Although we can choose our provider, seems like the cost is high compared to areas I've read about that are still regulated. Our current contract is 0.09 per kilowatt-hour with a $5 monthly base charge. We've paid a little less and a lot more per kilowatt-hour throughout the years. Can you tell me how that compares with what you pay in TV?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count'n the days View Post
In Texas electricity has been deregulated for many years. Although we can choose our provider, seems like the cost is high compared to areas I've read about that are still regulated. Our current contract is 0.09 per kilowatt-hour with a $5 monthly base charge. We've paid a little less and a lot more per kilowatt-hour throughout the years. Can you tell me how that compares with what you pay in TV?
From our most recent SECO bill:

Customer charge $14.50/mo.
Energy charge $0.104150/kwh
Power cost adjustment $.008300/kwh
State tax 7% (charged on our $5.95/mo. lease on our service meter surge protector)
Gross receipts tax 2.5625% (charged on the total of the customer chg, energy chg, and power cost adjustment monthly totals)

Bill
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.