Gas or electric grill?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplePir2 View Post
We haven't moved in yet but have the same question about where to buy the grills. . . .See you soon in TV.

Tony and Cathy
Oceanside, NY
Atlantic Beach, NY
Pennecampers in 16 days
When we moved here in October I was suprised that most of the stores had put away their lanai furniture and grills for the winter! You'd think the stores up north would ship all their leftover summer inventory down here. Nope. It's winter somewhere, so the lanai furniture and the grills were all put away to make room for the Christmas trees. We couldn't barbecue until February.
My advice: If you see a grill you like, buy it while you can.
Bossier City, Louisiana
Salt Lake City & Ogden, Utah
The Villages, Florida
Old 09-15-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sista View Post
We have a 99 dollar ELECTRIC outside grill that we got at Ace Hardware down here for our Pennecamp home. Cooks and grills steaks BETTER than gas. I call it my "99 dollar summer kitchen".
That sounds like what I need. Is it the George Foreman Electric Indoor/Outdoor Grill by any chance?
Old 09-16-2010, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uujudy View Post
When we moved here in October I was suprised that most of the stores had put away their lanai furniture and grills for the winter! You'd think the stores up north would ship all their leftover summer inventory down here. Nope. It's winter somewhere, so the lanai furniture and the grills were all put away to make room for the Christmas trees. We couldn't barbecue until February.
My advice: If you see a grill you like, buy it while you can.
Wow, I had no idea that it would be that difficult to find a grill in October. We are going to try to find one as soon as we get down there, but if not, there is always the indoor grill pan I used to use in our condo. Or we can get a George Foreman to get us through until February. I had hoped that since Florida was warmer that the grills would be available all year round. We grill all year round in NY despite the cold.

Thanks so much for your advice!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:29 PM
Platinum member

Ace Hardware (Southern Trace, CR 466) has a nice selection of Weber gas grills. They sell and deliver them assembled. I would imagine that Lowes and Home Depot also sell grills as well. Except for specialty foods and a better selection of lighting stores, there's almost nothing that you can't find in or around TV, that you'd find "at home."

George
Old 09-17-2010, 09:43 AM

Hi Kathy and Tony...
Thanks to you posting your question - I got the info I've been looking for, namely, is there a good electric grill available here! Been here a year without a grill and miss the flavor only a grill can give. I'm on my way to Ace!!
By the way, lived 26 years in East Rockaway and visited Nathan's in Oceanside every week!! Welcome to TV!
Charlene
Old 09-17-2010, 09:58 AM

Don't forget, if there is only a small selection of grills at the stores, you can always go on-line.

Brooklyn, NY
Margate, FL
Gillette, WY
Cape Cod (Brewster), MA
Coral Springs, FL
Pittsburgh, PA
Boynton Beach, FL
Pennecamp 10/29/10
Old 09-17-2010, 11:24 AM

I think that I'm going to give the George Foreman Electric Grill a try. It seems to get a lot of good reviews.

Here it is at WalMart for $67:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/George-For...-Grill/8222030
Old 09-17-2010, 11:44 AM
Veteran member
Default Electric or propane grill

I know propane tanks are a pain but unless you are cooking for an army all the time, they should last for about 4 months maybe longer as you'll probably eat out more. Well, if you buy Nathan's hot dogs to grill who knows!.... Actually they don't take that long to cook....
Old 09-29-2010, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gryoung View Post
Ace Hardware (Southern Trace, CR 466) has a nice selection of Weber gas grills. They sell and deliver them assembled. I would imagine that Lowes and Home Depot also sell grills as well. Except for specialty foods and a better selection of lighting stores, there's almost nothing that you can't find in or around TV, that you'd find "at home."

George
Thanks, we are coming down tomorrow to close on our home and will check out Ace Hardware as well as Lowe's and Home Depot asap.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.