Gas Stove Top Griddle- Messy to use?

Closed Thread
Old 10-05-2022, 05:27 PM
Default Gas Stove Top Griddle- Messy to use?

Our new house has a gas stove with a griddle built into the top center. Haven't used it yet but it occurs to me that cooking a hamburger, or any food that produces grease would cause spatter all over the stove. Has anyone used this enough to offer any tips/tricks- or isn't this messy?
Old 10-06-2022, 06:13 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,347 Times in 735 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsloan1960 View Post
Our new house has a gas stove with a griddle built into the top center. Haven't used it yet but it occurs to me that cooking a hamburger, or any food that produces grease would cause spatter all over the stove. Has anyone used this enough to offer any tips/tricks- or isn't this messy?
Aside from a spatter guard you are spot on. What I have done is switched to cooking outside on our outdoor kitchen cooktop. It doesn't change the dynamics of the mess except the outdoor kitchen is easier to clean. It also keeps the grease odors out of our home.
Old 10-06-2022, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,426 Times in 2,269 Posts

They’re okay for pancakes, grilled cheese and maybe eggs. But I wouldn’t cook anything with a high content of grease in it.
I have a griddle for my outdoor grill. Works great.

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 10-06-2022, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Yep. Big mess last Christmas when my 'keto' family guests wanted filet mignon seared on the griddle and finished in the oven. My skillet didn't pass muster, apparently. But worth it. Was delicious and the griddle and stove top cleaned up easily. (Keto boy got that job) I have since bought a scan pan skillet and a splash guard. Happy cooking!
Old 10-06-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
I love it to pieces especially for things like pancakes, French toast, grilled cheese, etc. we rarely ever eat real meat but when we do it gets cooked outside on the grill. Plant based burgers do fine on the griddle.
Closed Thread

Tags
stove, gas, messy, top, spatter

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.