Gilchrist newbies

Closed Thread
Old 01-13-2013, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
Hi,

My husband and I just bought a lot on Eastfield Path and can't wait for our design meeting on February 20. We worked hard to get our Ohio home ready to put on the market when we return there on April 1. Amazing how much junk our basement held but it forced us to get rid of things we should have parted with years ago. We're renting a home in Ashland until the end of March. Gilchrist looks like it will be a beautiful Village.

Barbara
Congratulations! and welcome to Gilchrist. Come on over to our other Gilchrist thread to catch up with lots of useful information. And while your here through March, be sure and stop in the neighborhood for introductions. We love new neighbors.

Meredith
Old 01-13-2013, 05:22 PM
Location: Formerly Village of Gilchrist, now Pensacola Villas

Welcome, sounds like you are a bit behind us but ahead of us on the "how do you get rid of the junk".......we are currently in Medina. We close on 2/22 in Gilchrist on Amherst Way!
Old 01-14-2013, 06:32 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome. We love the life down here and have never been busier. We can't wait until we can be permanent residents of TV.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaderby View Post
Welcome, sounds like you are a bit behind us but ahead of us on the "how do you get rid of the junk".......we are currently in Medina. We close on 2/22 in Gilchrist on Amherst Way!

Where are you on Amherst Way? We are 210.117.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:26 AM
Default New to 209 Amherst Way

My husband Jim and I are excited to be able to say that we are going to join the Gilly gang. We already reached out to A-4 to get on the spreadsheet and found out that the Flinstones will be our next door neighbor!

We are moving from Charlotte, NC but are originally both from Ohio. Sounds like we will have alot of new friends to debate ACC, SEC, Big Ten sports with and enjoy the good life.

We come down for our design session in mid February. Hopefully we can meet people as we walk around looking at all the construction going on.

Betsy and Jim
Old 01-18-2013, 08:56 AM
Thumbs up Moving to Gilchrist

We bought a lot on Bureau Path in Gilchrist and will have our design meeting in late feb or march. We live in eastern NC (Greenville) home of the ECU Pirates. We can talk NC football/basketball with you. We already own and rent out a home in Piedmont in the north section but decided to build in the south where everything is new...including the people. What brought you to the Villages & what model are you building?

Regards,
Karin & Ken
Old 01-18-2013, 09:03 AM

Where do I find the spreadsheet? 211.46 will be our new address......Gilchrist village

Karin from NC
Old 01-18-2013, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twiceis View Post
Where do I find the spreadsheet? 211.46 will be our new address......Gilchrist village

Karin from NC
Welcome 211! Karin, to get on the spreadsheet, email: rj900@comcast.net

A4 Skyhawk is the spreadsheet keeper!!

Our design is Tuesday!! Good luck to you, you'll find all the help and info regarding the design meeting on TOTV. Great site and wonderful people!
Old 01-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Veteran member
Location: Full Time in the Village of Gilchrist (aka Party Central)

I had the pleasure of meeting Bobby & Susie (Bogo2128) this afternoon for a short period of time. They were on a break from design and decided to locate GillyLand City Hall!!

Extremely nice people and they will fit in marvelously with the rest of the Gilly's. Fortunately, they will be not otherwise occupied and will be at the GillyBration at Evan Prairie CC tomorrow night.

This place just keeps getting better and better!

Hopefully YankeeQuilter and ChiefRose will also be there!

Oh yea, Bogo is building a Zinnia too.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:28 AM

Hi Gilchristians! Jeff and I built at 3135 Eastfield Path, in the first cul-de-sac to the right, and we are off site owners right now. Loved reading all of the welcoming messages from Gillyland folks and look forward to meeting you all when we come down at the end of March!
In the meantime, can you tell me if there is anyone (maybe the Mayor) that sends out a Gillyland activity e-mail - - - we'd like to be in the know even though we aren't there. We'd also like to pass it along to our renters so they can be part of the community too. Thanks very much!!
Old 01-25-2013, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela Curry View Post
Hi Gilchristians! Jeff and I built at 3135 Eastfield Path, in the first cul-de-sac to the right, and we are off site owners right now. Loved reading all of the welcoming messages from Gillyland folks and look forward to meeting you all when we come down at the end of March!
In the meantime, can you tell me if there is anyone (maybe the Mayor) that sends out a Gillyland activity e-mail - - - we'd like to be in the know even though we aren't there. We'd also like to pass it along to our renters so they can be part of the community too. Thanks very much!!
Hi Pam,

I'm your neighbor on Amherst Way. We just moved in January 14. Email rj900@comcast.net with your information and join the spreadsheet. It's fun to follow the progress of our neighborhood. I sent Chris some pictures of her house and yours taken from our lanai. She will probably forward them to you. Hurry up and get here so you can join the fun! We are love, love, loving it!!!

The truest life is when we are in dreams awake. Henry David Thoreau
Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM
Default Design meeting update

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogo2128 View Post
Hi! We are new to TOTV and to Gillyland. My wife, Susie, met Andy and Wendy (and their precious pup who had just flown in from overseas) in early December at Brandenton and again at Brownwood. They were very sweet and offered great advice!

Our design meeting is Jan. 22nd for our lot at 210.117. We have read the blogs regarding design meetings and found them to be very beneficial. We feel so much more confident about the process, and we thank you one and all!

We will be arriving Sunday Jan. 20th and will stay through Saturday. Besides the design meeting, we plan to tour Gillyland, meet with the mayor, his administrative staff, and as many of our new neighbors as possible.

Looking forward to our trip and meeting all of our future neighbors!

What a relief! Upon our arrival, we met A4 and his lovely wife. Let me just say because of these two awesome folks, we went into our design meeting completely prepared. We copied many of their brilliant ideas....boy, do we owe them!
More details of our Gillyland trip and design meetings are on the other Gilly thread, the one started by our mayor!
Old 02-04-2013, 02:19 PM
Smile We will be in Gilchrist 210.86 close March 7

We are Bill and Donna Lasher and just sent in contract for a home on Euclid Terrace. We are SO excited to be part of your group and want to be added to any festivities for the group. We close on Mar 7 and will be there the week of March 18 for walkthrough, etc. I would love some advise on:
1. Lawn service - could possibly use same as some neighbors
2. Blind vendors - ours does not have blinds and this is ASAP
3. Cable/Internet/Phone serivice. Who do you suggest?\
4. Home watching service for the Gilchrist 210 area.

Any suggestions for the move-in and walkthrough that I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Look forward to some great neighbors and parties.... We were the ones that posted the lot on Pinellas, however the model became available that we want so we changed. I ALWAYS wanted to be with this fun group!!!.
Old 02-05-2013, 02:34 PM
Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lasher View Post
We are Bill and Donna Lasher and just sent in contract for a home on Euclid Terrace. We are SO excited to be part of your group and want to be added to any festivities for the group. We close on Mar 7 and will be there the week of March 18 for walkthrough, etc. I would love some advise on:

Any suggestions for the move-in and walkthrough that I need to know. Thanks in advance.

Look forward to some great neighbors and parties.... We were the ones that posted the lot on Pinellas, however the model became available that we want so we changed. I ALWAYS wanted to be with this fun group!!!.

Welcome to 210, we are 210.117. Our house is being built and we won't be frogs until May?

Email rj900@comcast.net to get on the spreadsheet, this way you will be kept update on the events and who your new neighbors are!

Suggest you use the search box to find your answers and/or do a new thread. You can also check the other Gillyland thread (New villagers in Gilchrist), to see what our group is up to.

Good luck and hope to meet you two soon!!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Lasher View Post

Hi - we close 3/1 so have not seen them yet, but we were impressed with the quality and price of the shutters we have ordered from Rick at 48 hour blinds. He brought us to a house that he had installed them on and we loved it! He is hoping to have them in at closing or that weekend. We are going to try Bright side/brightpath ... for the tv internet bundle, again, cannot recommend as we have never had it!
We are 209- 96 on Hackberry, looking forward to meeting you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.