Golf attire

Closed Thread
Old 11-26-2023, 06:59 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,044 Times in 731 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post

Anyone can play a public course - let’s see what happens when Bob from Ocala tries to play Red Fox Tuesday morning.

He's going to get turned away, as he's not a member of the "public" within the CDD's. No different than a community that has a "resident's only dog park" or "resident only parking".

If you want to call Executive Courses, "semi-public", that's fine.

It doesn't change the fact that they are publicly owned. Governmental boards, commissions or agencies, shouldn't be telling folks how to dress. This is the 21st Century and that's just ludicrous on its face.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
He's going to get turned away, as he's not a member of the "public" within the CDD's. No different than a community that has a "resident's only dog park" or "resident only parking".

If you want to call Executive Courses, "semi-public", that's fine.

It doesn't change the fact that they are publicly owned. Governmental boards, commissions or agencies, shouldn't be telling folks how to dress. This is the 21st Century and that's just ludicrous on its face.
Your definition of public and mine are miles apart. Your definition has the public down to 140000 vs millions who pay taxes in this state.

Second - Government agencies shouldn't be telling people how to dress. Beth Page a New York State park open to millions has a dress code. I know Bob from Ocala won't be able to make a tee time on "our" executive courses tomorrow. Let's watch you play Beth Page in genes and a tee shirt .
Old 11-26-2023, 07:40 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Your definition of public and mine are miles apart.

Second - Government agencies shouldn't be telling people how to dress. Beth Page a New York State park open to millions has a dress code ...

Let's watch you play Beth Page in genes and a tee shirt .
I doubt Beth Page would have any objections to my genes.

They'd probably have an objection to a T-Shirt and it's equally ludicrous in their case, although I'm not sure Beth Page & Executive Courses in TV are a fair comparison. I suspect very few of the regulars at Beth Page, play by The Villages Friendly Rules of Golf.
Old 11-26-2023, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Quote:
Your definition of public and mine are miles apart. Your definition has the public down to 140000 vs millions who pay taxes in this state.

Second - Government agencies shouldn't be telling people how to dress. Beth Page a New York State park open to millions has a dress code. I know Bob from Ocala won't be able to make a tee time on "our" executive courses tomorrow. Let's watch you play Beth Page in genes and a tee shirt .
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I doubt Beth Page would have any objections to my genes.

They'd probably have an objection to a T-Shirt and it's equally ludicrous in their case, although I'm not sure Beth Page & Executive Courses in TV are a fair comparison. I suspect very few of the regulars at Beth Page, play by The Villages Friendly Rules of Golf.
Good catch - spell checker got me

Last edited by rustyp; 11-26-2023 at 08:25 PM.
Old 11-26-2023, 08:17 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,606 Times in 943 Posts

Quote:

The government isn’t telling people what to wear. The golf associations set dress code - in our case, the Florida Golf Association

https://www.fsga.org/files/cm/PDF%20...%20Conduct.pdf

DRESS CODE – PLAYER & CADDIES:
 Club Dress Code Policy – If more formal, supersedes the FSGA dress code
 Generally Accepted Golf Attire - Should be worn at all times by players,
caddies and family
 Shirts – Must have collars or be specifically designed for golf and acceptable
at the host facility
 Men’s Shirts – Must be tucked in at all times
 Hats – Must be worn forward and should be removed in dining areas
 Women's Shorts, Skirts, Skorts – Generally, should reach mid-thigh in
length (half way between hip and knee)
 Footwear – Athletic shoes, golf shoes or dress shoes should be worn
o Flip flops are discouraged
Old 11-27-2023, 06:17 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Good catch - spell checker got me
I suspected it was "voice to text" ?

Last edited by BrianL99; 11-27-2023 at 06:26 AM.
Old 11-27-2023, 06:26 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
The government isn’t telling people what to wear. The golf associations set dress code - in our case, the Florida Golf Association

https://www.fsga.org/files/cm/PDF%20...%20Conduct.pdf

DRESS CODE – PLAYER & CADDIES:
 Club Dress Code Policy – If more formal, supersedes the FSGA dress code
 Generally Accepted Golf Attire - Should be worn at all times by players,
caddies and family
 Shirts – Must have collars or be specifically designed for golf and acceptable
at the host facility
 Men’s Shirts – Must be tucked in at all times
 Hats – Must be worn forward and should be removed in dining areas
 Women's Shorts, Skirts, Skorts – Generally, should reach mid-thigh in
length (half way between hip and knee)
 Footwear – Athletic shoes, golf shoes or dress shoes should be worn
o Flip flops are discouraged
That's the Dress Code for playing in FSGA Events/Tournaments.

Not many of those going on at Executive Golf Courses in TV.

Everyone seems to fall back on the "traditions" of golf attire as the justification, yet they conveniently forget to acknowledge, there's hardly a golf club in the USA or Europe, that allows "jeans" on a golf course.

I understand why it's the case in TV and I have no problem with people wearing jeans to play golf. That said, making the "traditional" argument as the basis for a dress code in TV, while jeans are allowed, is disingenuous and ridiculous on its face.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, attire, men, wear, “henley”

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.