Golf Carts.. Buy new or used??

Closed Thread
Old 08-26-2011, 08:19 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

I have bought a used electric and gas private sale, a reconditioned gas cart from TV golf cart store and a new gas cart from carts and clubs. Have only had a few problems with the reconditioned cart which they took care of promptly.

A used cart from a private sale has not been any problem and I would not hesitate to do so again. I probably would avoid reconditioned carts as they cost more and probably are not worth the extra money. About the only value is the warranty and you can buy a lot of repairs for that extra cost.

New I would buy from Carts and Clubs. The main reason being the significantly improved way they do the enclosure. When I bought mine they were cheaper then TV, but sometimes that is not the case. However even if they were the same the improved enclosure is worth going with them.

I have replaced snaps on every cart except the C&C one. They place reinforced tabs under every snap so you pull on the tab vs the covering. They make them tighter which is of great value in the winter and the enclosure and back window set up is much better. If you can, compare a cart from them and one from TV side by side for all aspects of the enclosure. Huge difference and Carts and Clubs is much better.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

I bought a used Yamaha gas when we first arrived here from a private party. It was 10 years old and ran well. After 9 or 10 months I sold it when I bought another Yamaha Gas that was only 5 years old. It came with speedometer and a cool radio-CD player, new tires etc. Paid $3500. Yamaha gas will run forever.
Old 08-26-2011, 08:45 AM

Wow!! lots of good advice.. I think we will visit some of the stores mentioned, and check out some of the reconditioned and new carts.. I kind of like the idea of a warranty.. Currently I am still working... up here in NY.. And I am in the "Car Business" You would think I would take some of my own advice and think warranty.. Family always ask what they should do.. I always say.. "It should have a warranty" I work for Mercedes-Benz.. And they are very expensive to fix...
Old 08-26-2011, 10:01 AM
Platinum member

Everything said earlier is accurate. The only additional consideration when buying a used cart might be to know the year any improvements the manufacturer may have made to the suspension, steering, motor, etc. The dealer or someone on this site might know when a particular brand made an engineering change to their cart. As an example EZ-Go introduced their AC motor in 2007. If that's important to you, then you would look for an EZ-Go electric later than 2007.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.