Groom Transportation

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2023, 09:31 AM
Default Groom Transportation

New service to the airport disgraceful bus showing up 30 min late won’t answer phones No communication. ! If you need to get to the airport don’t trust them it’s been a great service for years now this !
Old 09-18-2023, 09:37 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,974 Times in 755 Posts

I always drive myself or a neighbor helps me out actually we help each other.
Old 09-18-2023, 11:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,051 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbloom View Post
New service to the airport disgraceful bus showing up 30 min late won’t answer phones No communication. ! If you need to get to the airport don’t trust them it’s been a great service for years now this !
Did this happen to you just once? In a hurry to do damage to their business I see.
Old 09-18-2023, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Did this happen to you just once? In a hurry to do damage to their business I see.
How many chances would you give them before looking elsewhere- just askin?
Old 09-18-2023, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfer222 View Post
How many chances would you give them before looking elsewhere- just askin?
Two at a minimum. Things happen and everyone has a bad day once in a while.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-18-2023, 11:49 AM
Default Wow

I was going to call them. Is this something new does anyone know?
Old 09-18-2023, 12:02 PM

I agree mistakes happen but not being able to contact them is unacceptable to me. Last Monday, our flight was delayed and we missed our 5:20 P.M. shuttle (not Groome’s fault). Promptly called Groome’s 24 hour number advertised as

For immediate assistance, please call (352) 539-9664 to speak with a representative.

One hour of listening to hold announcements encouraging us to update our reservation on the website which would not allow any changes to an “expired” reservation and nobody ever answered. Finally, we met the incoming Groome driver who said “after I complete my drop offs, I will be back at 7:15 and get you on”.

When he returned he was full and could not take us on, after all. Then we took a taxi to Brownwood at 7:30, $220 with tip. Could have done that at 5:30 if Groome just answered their customer service phone. Shuttle was good while it lasted but with the changeover to Groome, never again for us
Old 09-18-2023, 12:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,427 Times in 2,269 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pamela1130 View Post
I was going to call them. Is this something new does anyone know?
Groome took over the bus service from Workman. Seems they’re still trying to figure it out.

If you’re traveling with two or more people it’s probably cheaper if not better to just hire a car service. We use Southern Oaks SUV when traveling to or from the airport

We've Got Plenty Of Youth.. What We Need Is a Fountain Of SMART!
Old 09-18-2023, 12:23 PM

Friday night our plane landed 90 minutes late so we missed the 7:15 pm shuttle so like in the past we waited for the next BUS. When it arrived at 8:45pm it was a MINI VAN and NOT a BUS. As a result the MINI VAN was full and the driver told us to wait for the 9:15 pm. Again what arrived was an already filled MINI VAN and NOT a BUS. Driver said to wait for the 10:15 pm. Finally at 10:15 pm a real large regular sized empty white BUS with Workman logo appeared and the two of us plus two other villagers rode all the way to TV. The problem was the company kept sending MINI VANS instead of a BUS and should therefore anticipate that plane delays means folks have to catch the next BUS. We got home at midnight. Bad weather was not a factor this time. Also, we were on hold for at least 15 minutes before someone answered the Groome phone saying to catch the next bus! Hope they straighten their software system out as the price of $40 is decent.
Old 09-18-2023, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,088 Times in 2,749 Posts

This is very disturbing and bad news. As if traveling isn’t stressful enough, now this. We, along with many of our guests, have been using Workman (And The Villages Transportation before it became Workman) for many years without ever having an issue. It was always the one leg of our trip we could count on. If a flight was delayed, there was always room on the next shuttle bus. We never had a bus leave for the airport more than a few minutes late and never were rushed to catch a flight. If we needed to talk to a dispatcher, someone would always pick up the phone with little or no wait. Having this service now being operated by a large national transportation company, with no real competition, is very concerning going forward. One thing is for certain, any changes in service will only go in one direction, and that direction won’t be for the better : (
Old 09-18-2023, 05:31 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

Previously spent 45 minutes on hold with no answer. Not acceptable. Hire customer service staff.

Direct service is useless to me if crammed into a van
Old 09-18-2023, 08:35 PM
Default Groom Transportation

Two weeks ago I was on hold for about an hour, then I gave up. Unable for to change reservation online. Had a friend take me to airport.
Prior to this experience I never had a problem with Groom.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbloom View Post
We like Groome very much. We are scheduled to be picked up this morning 11am. Expecting the same great service.
Old 09-19-2023, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
This is very disturbing and bad news. As if traveling isn’t stressful enough, now this. We, along with many of our guests, have been using Workman (And The Villages Transportation before it became Workman) for many years without ever having an issue. It was always the one leg of our trip we could count on. If a flight was delayed, there was always room on the next shuttle bus. We never had a bus leave for the airport more than a few minutes late and never were rushed to catch a flight. If we needed to talk to a dispatcher, someone would always pick up the phone with little or no wait. Having this service now being operated by a large national transportation company, with no real competition, is very concerning going forward. One thing is for certain, any changes in service will only go in one direction, and that direction won’t be for the better : (
Yes, this is troublesome as it can make or break your travel. Workman was great, reliable and the bus was a comfortable way to ride. Not looking forward to dealing with groom at the end of the month.

Squirrel...

I don't understand why theTampa A P isn't an option for shuttle services from T V. It is not that much further and time wise is only like 15 min longer. With the growth in Orlando, MCO is not the awesome airport it once was.
Old 09-19-2023, 05:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 761 Posts

TPA has less demands and flights. Traffic to TPA is a horror show during the day, it’s at least 30 minutes more than going to MCO. Too many bottlenecks.
Closed Thread

Tags
service, airport, groom, it’s, don’t

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.