Hanging Christmas Wreath

Closed Thread
Old 11-02-2023, 05:38 AM
Default Hanging Christmas Wreath

We are having a home built in TV and are currently packing to move down there. Our new home will be precast cement with stucco. We have two large (3 and 4 feet in diameter) Christmas wreaths for outside my wife wants to bring. Can I safely hang these from an exterior wall in the stucco, if so how? My take is to put them in the estate sale. Thanks
Old 11-02-2023, 05:51 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth1980 View Post
We are having a home built in TV and are currently packing to move down there. Our new home will be precast cement with stucco. We have two large (3 and 4 feet in diameter) Christmas wreaths for outside my wife wants to bring. Can I safely hang these from an exterior wall in the stucco, if so how? My take is to put them in the estate sale. Thanks
Yes, you can. You would drill into the stucco to place a mounting screw/device.

You can see many stucco covered concrete houses with decorations mounted, frequently in the entrance, sometimes on the back.

A question would be, look at your new house's design & decide where you would mount the wreaths. As long as that is fine, then you're good.
Old 11-02-2023, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

I agree with above and will add if the wreaths are not real heavy, you can probably hang from the soffit. TapCon screws work well into the stucco and underlying concrete, and with a stainless steel and some matching paint should provide a hard to see rust resistant hook for easy use.
Old 11-02-2023, 08:24 AM

Another idea is to hang them from the coach lights on either side of the garage.
Closed Thread

Tags
home, stucco, christmas, bring, safely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.