Happy Monday! New here, and just a bit nutty!

Closed Thread
Old 09-20-2023, 07:31 AM

Our first house was in the historic section. Everything was convenient. The people we very nice. Some of the manufactured homes are dated, but many have been remodeled and are lovely. Lots of mature trees, homes are spaced farther apart, etc.
Rent for longer than a few days before you buy. It's the best way to get a feel for the place. Good luck.
Old 09-20-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidWestIA View Post
Taking advantage of the villages to me is 20 min in a cart and you can get to several stores, restaurants and golf courses. 40 min even Walmart or Lowes longer over hwy 27. You don't golf NOW but it's everywhere and your neighbors will probably convince you to play at least exec courses with them. That means above hwy 44. Other than that I'd say come down and get in a few different house styles to feel that layout and if you have 2 cars you will regret not getting a 2 car plus golf cart garage

I had a house here then went to north Dallas came back then went to north Dallas in the spring. I love north Dallas and said I am going to move back then I stopped and said but what will I do here. If you spend some time here you will realize no place has as many things to do AND people like us to do it with. In north Dallas most of my Del Webb were working or babysitting during the day
I told my wife that it looks like I'll have to learn to golf. I think I have an advantage because I'd love to beat things with a metal club on a regular basis and I'm great at searching for little things that were just in my hand and now I don't know where the hell it went!
Old 09-20-2023, 08:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,522 Times in 3,108 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arancampas View Post
I was just joking about the wheels. It does seem that most people are more normal in real life than they portray online. Question, do some residents just put up sale signs instead of listing on Zillow etc? Just wondering if it would be worthwhile scooting around looking.
No, most homes are /not/ "for sale by owner." They are listed with one of two types of listings: VLS (Villages Listing Service) or MLS (Multiple Listing Service).

VLS is exclusive; you won't find any VLS listings on Zillow or realtor (dot) com, or any independent realty agency's website. People who are ONLY interested in moving to the Villages, will find this helpful because VLS listings don't include properties that are anywhere else (except for the very rare property owned by one of the developers or their family within the general vicinity).

MSL is inclusive: you'll find Villages properties scattered among the hundreds of other properties within the area, and you'll have to use your filters and check the map on the MLS website (such as Zillow) to make sure you're not seeing properties that aren't actually in the Villages.

In addition, VLS agents are not allowed to show MLS properties. They can help a buyer arrange to meet with an MLS agent to see a property but the VLS agent can't get access to the keys on the seller's behalf. The same is true for MLS agents whose buyer wants to see a VLS listed home.

VLS listings are found on the Villages Homefinder website.
MLS listings are found everywhere else.
Old 09-20-2023, 09:48 AM

We came from the Boston area and lived in the villages for about 15 years. when we moved there it was really great. but as the years went on they kept building and building so that now there is so much traffic and we moved to Ocala, it is very different from the villages. we are lonely here where we know no one and NO GOLF very bad mistake, If you move to the villages I am sure you will be very happy. Good Luck
Old 09-20-2023, 10:11 AM

I really enjoyed your post and your sense of humor. You will love living here and find so many likeminded friends! We purchased seven years ago in Spanish Springs and are very happy with this area. You have lots of shopping, are five minutes from the Square by golf cart and 10-15 minutes to Lake Sumter Landing. I have read that with the current level of expansion of housing, Brownwood will end up being the middle of The Villages! Best of luck with your house search.
Old 09-20-2023, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arancampas View Post
For those of you who love to hear someone babble on and on about, who know what....this ones for you!
So we moved to Gainesville (Yes, I know, any and all pity is welcomed) 7 years ago this week. Believe it or not, last week was the first time we ventured down to TV. We were furniture shopping just up the road and figured...why not, the worst thing that can happen is we get a quick STD (just kidding, kind of). I must say, just driving a few miles and checking out only 1 town center, then reading how many pools, activities, more pools and did I mention pools? My wife and I both said....OK, we need to check this out more. Of course she went to the most reliable news source she knows, TikTok, to gather Intel. We travel to Jamaica and Bahamas nonstop with some Costa Rica and Egypt thrown in here and there and have been thinking how.much money we would save if we got a 2nd home somewhere closer, that we don't despise (like we do Gainesville), and actually have fun every week if we want to. So here we are. Thinking about a LS visit in a week or 2, but don't want to be ALLLLLL the way down south, and that maybe just renting something centrally located in TV for a few days. But really, as long as there are pools just a golf car ride away, location doesn't matter. Been looking in the "historic" areas that have mobiles because we don't need to be all fancy like and if we decide we don't like it that much, or we love it and want a house without wheels, we can sell it.

I've been looking through the forum here trying to spot the negatives and such. There was really only one thing that caught my attention, and maybe you fine folks can educate me. There seems to be quite a few MPD (morality police dept.) officers. Yes, part of that comes from the post about the movie playing in one of the cinemas. We are not PC people, we have foul mouths sometimes (Ok, most of the time), we listen to vulgar music and watch violent movies. Most importantly, we want to just enjoy life, have fun, and be around people who feel the same. Yes, I threw that Oxford comma in there for those of you who are fans of them.

Wow, I've been rambling for hours already, that explains why my fingers hurt. Anyway, I'm sure quite a few already dislike me, and maybe others are thinking.....I finally found my spirit animal!

Maybe we'll see some of you when we come visit here shortly.

/end:babbling
To have a greater choice of pools, I’d suggest you rent south of CR 466; there aren’t as many north of CR 466.
Closed Thread

Tags
week, pools, thinking, thing, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.