Hello

Closed Thread
Old 06-29-2023, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham_and_Cheese View Post
New to the forum - thinking about the Villages in the coming years
I would definitely spend some vacation time here before making final decision. Rent in different areas so you can choice right place for your needs. Also, rent different size homes, so you know what size you really want. Maybe you can avoid moving three times as most villagers do. If considering below 44, I would look at resales in Richmond or wait for new section across from Richmond to open.

Don’t think it is Utopia. No place is. There are negative things and people here just like everywhere All in your attitude Happiness comes from within.

Have a great day!
Old 06-29-2023, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maistocars View Post
Welcome and enjoy the site - best one you'll find. Try to stay away from NextDoor forum.
Not sure why you say that. NextDoor is great…especially when I’m looking for contractors for various projects.
People on that site are also very helpful
Old 06-29-2023, 06:43 AM

I moved here in ‘09. I love it even more today than yesterday.
There are 2000 interest groups and clubs. Whatever you did in your past…whatever you’ve always wanted to do..it’s here. The Villages is nobody’s home town, no one has lifelong friends, very few have family members here. So if you follow your interests and smile at your neighbors you will make friends.
But like any society we do have a minority group.
Be aware of the GOM. Grumpy old Men. They appear on this site regularly. Ignore them and keep on scrolling.
You’ll pass them on golf carts….just smile and wave.
In The Villages you’ll be as happy as you decide you want to be.
14 years later…I’m still beaming.
Old 06-29-2023, 07:43 PM

I'm not a fan of citizens of the Villages, which are more important to be here with rentals. Gee I always thought your not encouraged to rent homeS hmmmmm
Old 06-30-2023, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillagernie View Post
good place to be active, if you want to set in a rocker,don't move here.....
Funny thing is in T V you will find an amazing amount of cushy chairs and couches in some of the squares to just sit and people watch. I was amazed at how T V goes out of their way to make sure you can just plain sit around (even aside from the rec centers). All the places to sit was one of the things I found so inviting in T V.

With over 2500 plus clubs in T V even an anti-social person can start a "Leave Me Alone Club", everyone in the club agrees not to bother anyone else in the club.
Closed Thread

Tags
forum, thinking, villages, coming, years

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.