Hello

Closed Thread
Old 01-21-2012, 03:09 PM
Default Hello

Hi,

I just joined the forum and and we are new to the Villages, Florida. We have never been to Florida but from looking at the villages it looks wonderful. We would love to plan a trip next year for a month.

Both my husband and I are not really good drivers (we still get lost even with a gps). If we were to fly down for a month, would it be possible to get around with a golf cart for most everything?

Any suggestions as to where to start to find a reasonable place to rent as the villages looks large.

Many thanks,
Donna
Mahone Bay, NS, Canada
Old 01-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Location: Whitman, Mass & I also have a house at Country Club Hills in The Villages!!

Hi Donna, Welcome to the forum!! I have a manufactured home that is for rent for two months feb & march!! You can walk to two pools & the top of the hill restaurant. Two bedrooms, two baths, cable, three tvs, internet! 1900.00 per month 500.00 deposit!! 50.00 for a visitors pass!! I don't have a golf cart but there are plenty of places to rent one!! I do have a guy that I use if you want his name & number it is about 325. per mont to rent! You don't have to have a car I always fly down the shuttle can pick you up at the airport or they have vans that go there too!! I use my golf cart to go every where!! It is so much fun!! You will love it!! Hope you find something or maybe think about two months!!
Old 01-21-2012, 03:39 PM
Eternal Member

You will love the Villages. You can get to just about everything here in the Villages by golf cart. If you want to go to a few of the places on 441 that you can't get to by golf cart, we have taxis & they are very reasonable.
Old 01-21-2012, 04:45 PM

Try www.thevillages4rent.com There you will find a variety of homes, sizes, prices, etc... that may fit your budget and possibly come with a golf cart as well. Good luck!
Old 01-21-2012, 05:56 PM
Gold member

Welcome to the forum.
Good advice so far and I'm sure there'll be plenty more to come.
In reality, they're different!
Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM
Default Thanks

I am excited already!

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses.

Donna
Old 01-21-2012, 07:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddorey View Post
I am excited already!

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses.

Donna
to TOTV. The previous posters covered your question.

This is the place for answers and info. Keep on posting.

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 01-22-2012, 02:11 PM
Gold member

Recommend you sign up for a LSV the week before you rent. That way you will get all the freebees TV offers to prospective home buyers. You can move to your rental after the LSV is done.
Old 01-22-2012, 02:12 PM
Eternal Member

ddorey, just so know, LSV stands for Life Style Visit.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonny View Post
ddorey, just so know, LSV stands for Life Style Visit.
I think that a life style visit might be the best thing to do for maybe a couple of weeks because it has some free things that cause you to visit here and there in The Villages and kind of orients you to things.

Also a sales rep would drive you around and point out things. Don't worry. They DON'T push. It might be wise to rent close to the center of things if you plan to do so. I always think of Lake Sumter Landing as close to the center. It will be a HUGE experience to come here especially since you have not been to Florida.

So much to think about and to learn. I know that many of us would volunteer to show you around because getting around in a golf cart without really knowing the roads is hard to do. And there are not yet any GPS systems for golf carts.

I would love to take you around if you need a guide.

You will be just bowled over with this place. Welcome to you both. I know you will have a life changing experience here.
Old 01-22-2012, 09:49 PM
Gold member
Default Welcome

What Gracie said!

She has never steered us wrong.

Welcome to lower paradise.

H
Old 01-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddorey View Post
Hi,

I just joined the forum and and we are new to the Villages, Florida. We have never been to Florida but from looking at the villages it looks wonderful. We would love to plan a trip next year for a month.

Both my husband and I are not really good drivers (we still get lost even with a gps). If we were to fly down for a month, would it be possible to get around with a golf cart for most everything?

Any suggestions as to where to start to find a reasonable place to rent as the villages looks large.

Many thanks,
Donna
Mahone Bay, NS, Canada

Welcome to TOTV, please pull up a chair. I see you're from Nova Scotia. I grew up in Tatamagouche.

There is a Nova Scotia Club in TV. And also a huge Loonie and Tooney Clubfor snowbirds. You'll absolutely love it here.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:21 PM
Default Life Style Visit

Hi,

Thank you for your response and I'm a bit green. We would like to come in March 2013 for a month. What is the difference in LSV verses just looking for a place to rent? Could you explain further.

Many thanks,
Donna
Old 02-09-2012, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

A Life Style Visit is offered to you by the developers of The Villages and I think now it is only for five or six days. I believe it still is fifty dollars a person per day and you are given a Villages home, they will ask you what you are interested in. I suggest you say a Designer, lots of room and a golf cart and bicycles and the home is nicely furnished including pots and pans and dishes. They also give you a few complimentary meals at local restaurants and some free golf and other little perks. You must get in touch with The Villages first and you can do that through the link; thevillages.com. It will say contact us and they will send you materials and then you can arrange a LifeStyleVisit. Then as someone has suggested you can rent for a longer period of time from someone here who rents.

The Villages do not require you do anything, come for any orientation, talk to a sales rep....they do not need to sell you on this place. It sells itself, together with a lot of us very happy villagers.
Old 02-09-2012, 05:47 PM
Sage
Default Welcome

If you are going to sign up for a LSV, be sure to sign up early! It's so popular that places become very limited and you may not get one and have to stay at a hotel ( not that that's bad). We were trying to get one at least 3 months in advance and they were booked. This forum is full of super nice people who really go out of their way to help. You are bound to get what you're looking for with the advice of everyone on this forum. Good luck and welcome to your new home! (I'm placing my bet you'll end up in The Villages!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.