Hello to all

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2014, 10:42 AM
Default Hello to all

Good Morning, my wife and I have been retired now for three years. We have visited TV a few weeks ago on the way home from a cruise. We enjoyed the trolley tour, and think we would like to visit again. We have some health insurance problems to work around, but think we would like to research further moving here.

The Caughrons
Old 06-02-2014, 05:41 PM

Thanks for the Warm Villages welcome
Old 06-02-2014, 06:03 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Hi and welcome to TOTV. Hope you get those insurance issues resolved. Come on down and visit us when you can.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 06-02-2014, 06:08 PM
Dancing Thyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caughrons View Post
Good Morning, my wife and I have been retired now for three years. We have visited TV a few weeks ago on the way home from a cruise. We enjoyed the trolley tour, and think we would like to visit again. We have some health insurance problems to work around, but think we would like to research further moving here.

The Caughrons
Hi to the C's.... welcome to TOTV and the Villages. Come back and visit again, bring your check book, lol... hope you can work around those insurance issues, I know some other folks had that problem but they worked them out as well. I'm sure people on here will be helpful if you want to share what problems you are having.

Good Luck and hope to see you soon!!!

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 06-02-2014, 06:14 PM
Sage

Tell us all about yourselves, Caughrons. What cruise were you on that it brought you through here? And so where are you now since you just visited? And you know all those things to be nosy about: what did you retire from, where do you currently live, what are your hobbies?
And especially, how could you visit on a bounce from a cruise and have health ins. issues to work out regarding a move? You'll have to be very specific about that as I can make no sense of it.
Caughrons. I never heard of that. must be some genealogy to tell.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Good Morning, my wife and I have been retired now for three years. We have visited TV a few weeks ago on the way home from a cruise. We enjoyed the trolley tour, and think we would like to visit again. We have some health insurance problems to work around, but think we would like to research further moving here. The Caughrons
Welcome to TOTV.
Hopefully you'll enjoy the great posters on this website.
Perhaps you will eventually see your way clear to moving to The Villages.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:22 PM
Sage

///

Last edited by kittygilchrist; 06-03-2014 at 03:18 AM.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:

The Caughrons
Welcome to TOTV and hopefully one day soon we will be welcoming you as new residents to The Villages! My husband and I also had to consider health insurance issues in order to decide if it was feasible or not to move to TV. On your next visit, you may want to set up appointments with both The Villages Insurance Agency which is in Sumter Landing and also the Florida Blue office located on County Road 101 in The Villages. Phone # for Florida Blue is (352) 259-0666 and The Villages Insurance # is (352) 674-4300. We were pleasantly surprised by the options available, and for us it would actually be cheaper to make the move - Woohoo! Hope this helps you and good luck with your search. This forum is definitely the best place to start asking any and all of your questions.
Old 06-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Platinum member

The buildout is near so don't waste you time.

Chloe
&
Lulu
Old 06-03-2014, 05:13 PM

Thank you all for the information and the welcome words. I retired a few years ago from my local Police Dept, spent two years in Afghanastan working with the Army as a LE consultant. We sailed from Miami on Celebrity. We have sailed many times in the last year on last minute cruises, great deals.
The insurance issues we hav.e is that the county I retired from offers Kaiser Medical, and there are no system we can locate there. My wife is disabled and has been enrolled in Medicare. We may be able to find a "work around" in the fall. We are hopefule that may be able to be resolved.
We were able to pay off our home during my deployment, so if we can sell our house we could pay cash for our home there.

We enjoy travel, riding our motorcycle and I enjoy poker. I am a terrible golfer, but enjoy playing. If I can break 100 I am buying in the clubhouse.
Our daughter graduated two weeks ago from college (yahoo) and should be empty nesters soon.

We are young (52), but have been assured by sales staff that our age shouldn't be a problem as we have no young children. We are looking for input on this issue and any others that you guys can help with.

Thank in advance to everyone.

Caughrons
Old 06-04-2014, 05:35 AM
Sage

You like cruising, golfing, motorcycles, poker..you'll be happy here!
I'm glad when LEOs show up. Good luck with the insurance issues and thanks for taking time to introduce yourselves.
Where are you living now?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.