Hello from Rhode Island

Closed Thread
Old 02-18-2012, 07:55 AM
Smile Hello from Rhode Island

Hi everyone - just want to say hello and say what a wonderful resource TOTV is. I must have been living under a rock because I've never heard of TV before a few weeks ago. After my wife told me about TV, I found this forum and starting lurking for a bit and thought what a great place TV must be. I can't wait to check it out someday. My wife and I are about 4-5 years (hopefully) from retiring and although we're not sure where we want to end up, we definitely want to get out of the cold northeast. Thanks to TOTV and to all of you that post such useful information here.

BTW, because we are 4-5 years from retiring, when do you think it would be a good time to schedule a LSV? Thanks!
Old 02-18-2012, 08:17 AM

Hi from another Rhody who is here. You should try to come every year until you retire if you can. TV is a great place, it is quite large and the more you know before you decide on where to live in TV the better off you will be. It is a fabulous place with no other quite like it anywhere. We have tons of activities, groups, 504 holes of golf on championship and executive courses, many music venues, and sports facilities etc. The monthly amenity fee is very reasonable for all we get, and the area is always very well kept. Nothing is better than traveling everywhere in your golf cart ! Looking forward to hearing from you after your first LSV.
Old 02-18-2012, 08:43 AM
nkrifats

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessinn View Post
Hi from another Rhody who is here. You should try to come every year until you retire if you can. TV is a great place, it is quite large and the more you know before you decide on where to live in TV the better off you will be. It is a fabulous place with no other quite like it anywhere. We have tons of activities, groups, 504 holes of golf on championship and executive courses, many music venues, and sports facilities etc. The monthly amenity fee is very reasonable for all we get, and the area is always very well kept. Nothing is better than traveling everywhere in your golf cart ! Looking forward to hearing from you after your first LSV.
Have to agree with my fellow Rhode Islander. We are truly enjoying our home and life here. Was part time for first two years.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Veteran member

Agree with the above posters. The Villages is a place that you have to stop by and visit to truly believe all that it has to offer. There are approximately 2000 clubs and organizations that you can join, golf, etc etc. Home prices to cover all price ranges.

Just to engage in a little arm twisting to get you down here, there is even a Villages Mustang Club that meets monthly, gets together for car shows, and car cruises.

Lots of snowbirds everywhere in Florida so traffic is a little busier than usual and the restaurants are a bit more crowded, but after April, it perfect. If you are a few years away from retirement, an option is to buy a place and rent it out to offset some of the costs of ownership and take advantage now of low mortgage rates and housing prices.

Good luck in your search!!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:51 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessinn View Post
I Agree, very well said blessinn, & Welcome to TOTV GT
Old 02-18-2012, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

If you haven't done so, go on to The Villages website and order the packet that contains a nice DVD. You will get a pretty good idea of what is here by watching it. The web site also has videos on it, too, and other good information about homes, activities, etc. Go to The Villages - Florida's Friendliest Retirement Hometown - New Home Sales, Home Resales, Build Your Dream Home Plan a Lifestyle visit soon. This way you will already know a little about this fabulous place should you decide to check out other retirement communities. Trust me, if you come here first anything you see afterwards will not compare in any way! OUR goal in March of 1998 was to move here in about 5 years. 5 months later we were in our new home here! I was as excited this morning to wake up to life here as I was on an August morning nearly 14 years ago. Come visit soon. You are gonna love what you see!
Old 02-18-2012, 10:29 AM

Thanks everyone - I ordered the DVD about a week ago , hoping it will arrive soon. So far I love everything I'm hearing regarding how active life in the villages is. The thought of traveling to many areas throughout the community on a golf cart sounds perfect. I'm amazed as I peruse this forum how much there is to do in TV. One of my biggest fears when I retire is that I would be bored - way too many clubs and activities for that to happen there.

Tom
Old 02-18-2012, 11:33 AM
Sage

2010Mustang, If you contact The Villages Sales office, I'm sure they will be glad to tell you about the Lifestyle Preview Visits. I'm a younger wannabee, and I haven't been on a Lifestyle visit yet, but I have been to TV 3 times, rented twice in 2011, and I will be back in June to rent again for 8 days.

TOTV is an excellent resource to read and ask questions about moving to and living in TV. I have learned so much about TV by reading this forum. Don't hesitate to post questions as there are many wise TV veterans who will give good information.
Old 02-18-2012, 03:18 PM

Schaumburger - I think I will call the office to get the information package. Your right about the amount of information on here. I've never been on a forum where not only are there so many categories available to look at but they are all active and up to date.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.