Help with decorating tips

Closed Thread
Old 06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
Platinum member
Send a message via Skype™ to SALYBOW
Default Designer

Possibly watching the interactive model home tour at Properties of the Villages would help you. Remember that you do not have to arrange everything against a wall. Create conversational groupings around focal points. Get some graph paper. Get the exact measurements of your home from the website for new homes and measure your furniture. Arrange and rearrange it ubtil you feel comfortable with the way it looks on papar. The measurements must be exact. At least 36-40 inches is need for pathways through rooms. Good Luck.

When God made me he said Ta Da!
Old 06-30-2011, 11:28 AM

Glad to know I am not the only woman going to sleep with decorating fantasies cruising around in my thoughts! We are here just over a year, and I am still in the process of creating a home we enjoy. Other than a pub table in the kitchen area, everything we have came with us--after months of down-sizing (if Goodwill gave awards, I would have a crown. A jeweled crown...). Mostly ours, some handed down from my family and my husband's family. My in-laws, bless their hearts, left every blessed thing they had ever owned, and we still have some of it here in storage (after 9 years). We want our home to be pleasing and comfortable to us, so that's my goal. If you like silk flowers, then have them (though I agree with other posters that I am very picky about where I buy them). If you love your dark (or light) furniture, then have it and enjoy it! But would someone puh-leez let me know what you've done with the sliders to the lanai in terms of window treatment? Having trouble visualizing what would I would like most: side panels w/valance, valance alone? Thanks to anyone with suggestions, and I love reading about what you all have done.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:54 AM
Default Decorator

Am new to TV and saw an ad in the paper for Katie Green. She has done work for some friends and they were very pleased with her work and price.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.